Rental car

MrsPete

DIS Veteran
I'm looking at reserving a rental car for our next summer western trip, and I could use opinions, please:

I'm planning to reserve something from the rental company's "green collection" because we're expecting to drive more than 2000 miles, and -- as you all know -- mileage matters. We're a family of four small people, and in everyday life we drive a Honda Civic. It's big enough, but we'd like something a little larger for the trip (and we have to rent because it's a fly-and-drive vacation). We'll have four small suitcases, a cooler, and a small amount of groceries.

We're looking at renting a Toyota Camry, which I understand gets around 30 mpg -- that sounds acceptable.

But I'm tempted by the Toyta Prius. The Prius is more expensive to rent, but it gets better mileage. Would we be really cramped? If so, it wouldn't be a good deal. Would this little car have enough power to go through the Rocky Mountains? I'm thinking no.

How about the Camry? That's what I'm most seriously considering. What's good and bad about it for a road trip?

The Camry will probably be better for your trip. A bit more luxury, room, engine capacity (to get up the mountains) and actually not that much less of gas mileage than the Prius.

Camry much more comfortable in my opinion!

Enjoy your trip.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter