Rented points for DVC but need tickets

Andiquiz

Earning My Ears
i was able to reserve 6 nights in March renting dvc points. I received a confirmation number and linked it to my Disney experience. Now I need to get tickets. I was planning to go through Disney directly but was told that I needed to purchase them through DVC. Is this correct? I went through David’s vacation rental and my confirmation email mentioned that the dining plan would have to be purchased by the owner but didn’t mention tickets. Also, I had to pay for the resort reservation in full so I was hoping I could purchase the tickets in payments.

There must have been some misunderstanding with whoever told you you had to go through DVC. The only things you need to do through the owners is:

1- Disney Magic Express
2- Disney Dining Plan

Even if there were park tickets that were being offered for DVC members (which there aren't), you wouldn't qualify anyway.

Undercover Tourist is a popular site https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/walt-disney-world-resort/ that people on this board use to buy tickets. Once you buy them you can link them on your MDE just as you did for your resort reservation.

Thank you for your responses. It’s possible that I confused the the Disney representative that I spoke to over the phone because I was asking if I could purchase tickets or reserve tickets and make payments. We had to pay the cost of resort in full since we were renting dvc points and then had to pay for our flight in full as well. I was hoping to pay for tickets in increments. Does anyone know of ticket vendors that would allow that?

Thank you for your responses. It’s possible that I confused the the Disney representative that I spoke to over the phone because I was asking if I could purchase tickets or reserve tickets and make payments. We had to pay the cost of resort in full since we were renting dvc points and then had to pay for our flight in full as well. I was hoping to pay for tickets in increments. Does anyone know of ticket vendors that would allow that?

Tickets will need to be paid in full when you buy them byt you don’t need to buy in advance wait until 70 days out plenty of time to be ready for FP

I’m relieved to read that I can wait till 70 days in advance. That makes since to wait about a week before you are even allowed to make FP reservations. Can I do 4 day base tickets and only one day of park hopping (5 total days in park)? Are you limited to one or the other? Would that even save me $$?

I’m relieved to read that I can wait till 70 days in advance. That makes since to wait about a week before you are even allowed to make FP reservations. Can I do 4 day base tickets and only one day of park hopping (5 total days in park)? Are you limited to one or the other? Would that even save me $$?
If you buy a multi-day ticket, the park hopping feature is applied to the entire ticket. Price is based on the number of days on the ticket. You can't buy hopping for just one day of a multi-day ticket. It doesn't matter where you purchase the ticket.

If you want park hopping for just one day, you can buy a one day park hopper and a 3 day multi-day base ticket. I suspect that's a lot more expensive than a 4 day base ticket and may even be more expensive than a multi-day park hopper. Also, just so you know, you can only use one base ticket per day. In other words, you couldn't use a base ticket to enter the MK and then that same evening use another one day ticket to enter DHS.

You could buy a 4 day base and upgrade on the last day to add a day and the hop, but that would probably not be the best deal. Opinion only; easy for me to say; annual pass holder, but I feel like saving money on the hopper option isn’t the best place to save. We hop all the time and are frequently in different parks morning and evening etc, but you know your finances and how you want to approach being there. Here is a good Online calculator that can help you look at different ticket options. As you may already know the incremental cost of additional days gets smaller and smaller as you buy a larger multi-day ticket.
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator-disney-world-ticket-discounts

You could buy a 4 day base and upgrade on the last day to add a day and the hop, but that would probably not be the best deal.
That wouldn’t save you any money. No matter when you add hopping, you add it to the original ticket, so you pay the same price whether you upgrade on the first day or the last day.

That wouldn’t save you any money. No matter when you add hopping, you add it to the original ticket, so you pay the same price whether you upgrade on the first day or the last day.
Gotcha. Makes sense. So you’d just buy a 1 day hopper for the 5th day at which point the 5 day hopper in the first place would have been much less.

To the OP, take a look on the link I posted. The 4 or 5 day hopper is currently available at about the same price. The non hopper is about $15 difference between 4 and 5.

Last edited:
I rented DVC for our upcoming trip in 17 days and bought my tix from The Official Ticket Center and saved $60 and linked them online..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter