Rented points. Who adds the DME to our ressie?

ppony

Artist in residence
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Former DVC owners, renting now. I need to add DME to my reservation. Does the owner need to do it, or can I? Should I call Disney or DME directly if it’s me that has to add that? I hate to bother him w this, but if I can’t do it, I’m sure he will.
Thanks!

Typically the owner is supposed to. But I’ve seen posts that said they called directly and got it added

All DME needs (or cares about) is the resort reservation confirmation number and the guest(s) name(s). They aren't much interested in who's making the reservation. Whereas Member Services won't speak to anyone that is not a Member, DME doesn't care.

The on-line form you can fill out is just a form that is forwarded to DME for processing. If you call Disney Reservations to set-up DME reservations, or go through Member Services to do it, the result is the same - they fill out the same form which is then sent to DME for processing.

Steve

Thanks everyone. I used the form. I'm doing a split stay though so I'm not sure I did it all right, but I'll call to make sure. :) I filled it out twice with both reservations and the flight info.

Thanks everyone. I used the form. I'm doing a split stay though so I'm not sure I did it all right, but I'll call to make sure. :) I filled it out twice with both reservations and the flight info.

That is the correct way, I do split stays all the time, When I check into my second resort, I will ask them to verify I have my DME set for pick up. Most of the time, it was already there. A few times it wasn’t, and ithe CM just set it up and printed me out what I needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter