Renter Adding Dining Plan Through Owner Question

happy2go2wdwmom

<font color=violet>I love that great song!<br><fon
Hi! I am renting a DVC for three nights through a terrific owner found here on the Disboards. Once I paid the owner and confirmed our stay, I later purchased two, 2-Day Hopper Tickets directly through the WDW site. I now wish to add on the regular Dining Plan for our 3-nights' stay and the owner is graciously willing to accept my payment to him for this purpose. My question is, will we be able to get the dining plan, or was I supposed to buy the park tickets through the owner as well? I understand the plan goes by the number of nights, but just want to make sure our plan didn't undo that this would be a "package?" Hope this makes sense. Thanks in Advance.

For DVC stays, you can add on the dining plan. It’s not part of a package. You will have to buy it for the number of nights of your stay.

I'm curious how this works. Does the renter pay the owner the amount of the dining plan and then the owner pays the dining plan cost through the website? But what if the renter wants to use discounted Disney GCs? I'm thinking of renting some points out in the future but I'm not sure how this is handled.

I'm curious how this works. Does the renter pay the owner the amount of the dining plan and then the owner pays the dining plan cost through the website? But what if the renter wants to use discounted Disney GCs? I'm thinking of renting some points out in the future but I'm not sure how this is handled.
As a matter of fact, I am using GCs for our DDP and will be paying the Owner who's agreed to accept them and apply them to our reservation. I do not have this on our contract just yet, but that's the plan, Stan. =) He MAY buy the DDP plan himself w his own GCs and then just have me pay him the total reduced rate...we have not worked out those details just yet.

I had never done it before but I just rented at OKW. I paid for the studio, park passes but I decided not to bother with the dining plan because I would not eat enough every day for it to be worth it. I charged items in shops and restaurants and parks to my room using magic band. The evening before the end of my stay I went to the front desk and asked to apply my gift cards. I had to save in my digital wallet and on my Disney gift card dot com. The CM was able to apply all three cards, I was left with a $12 balance.

The owner has to add and pay for it and then arrange for the reimbursement with the renter

So, it will be up to you how to work that aspect. My understanding is to use the GC, the owner will need to call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter