Renter's "experience" at a DVC?

joehere

Earning My Ears
Planning a trip and may choose the Beach Club Villas. As renters, should we expect to be subjected to some selling regarding vacation club properties or should it be no different than staying in the hotels? I'm a frequent traveler (and Disney visitor) and I've never seen Disney coming after anyone the way the hotel chains do but just thought I would ask.

All we have had is the 3 fast pass offer for taking a tour, but I'm not sure we were specifically targeted and it was just a letter slipped through the door

For the past 3-5 years, we've done nothing but rent points through DVC and never once have we had anyone pitch anything to us. It was absolutely no different that staying in the hotel, with the exception of infrequent maid service!

Not at all. There will be a sales desk in the lobby of the resort, and you'll see the occasional DVC kiosk in the parks and Disney Springs, but it's up to you to approach if you're interested. No one will pester you about attending a presentation.

There's often some kind of incentive to take a tour, like fastpasses or a gift card, but again, it's entirely optional.

For the past 3-5 years, we've done nothing but rent points through DVC and never once have we had anyone pitch anything to us. It was absolutely no different that staying in the hotel, with the exception of infrequent maid service!

We've had the same experience - never ONCE have we had any pitch made towards us, and we've stayed at Boardwalk, Beach Club, Old Key West and Wilderness Lodge DVC properties on rented points. Staying again at Bay Lake & Saratoga next May.

No, you'll only hear a sales pitch if you want to hear a sale pitch. You make the step to find out more. They are not going to hound you like other timeshares.

My husband found the DVC channel on the television on our first trip and it was all over.

Thanks everyone. Speaking of experiences, always such quick and direct replies here. Much appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter