renting 2 wheelchairs for 2 park days (3 days total) staying offsite

Herding_Cats

DIS Veteran
So I've been reading a little bit, but I'm wanting to really nail the details down at this point so we have a plan. MIL and SIL will both need wheelchairs on the days we go to MK and AK. We are planning on renting these AT disney because it'll be half the cost, they won't be in them the entire day (I have read that the disney-provided ones are not as nice as ones you would rent from a 3rd party) and we are the type of people who get to the parks super early, so I'm not overly concerned about availability.

For MK, can we rent these from the shop in the TTC, or do we need to/is it better to rent them once we are IN the park?

Will they hate having a wheelchair in AK (I remember that there are some slight hills, etc there?) enough that they should consider an ECV?

Wheelchair rental is within the park gates at all parks; there is no wheelchair rental at the TTC. If they may need assistance to get TO the park entrance, there may be courtesy chairs near the HA parking lot, but you would then need to walk rather than ride the tram.

Do they intend to self-propel the wheelchairs, or do you have pushers? I've read reports that the walkways at AK are bumpy, but that is felt by both wheelchairs and ECVs. There are likely more hills than one realizes in both AK and MK, and if they aren't used to self-propelling a wheelchair it may be impossible for them to do so on hills. However, if they can walk some, maybe they'd push an empty wheelchair at the hardest spots. ECV is definitely another option but will cost more.

Enjoy your vacation!

We have pushers. Both MIL and SIL are mobile, but not 'whole day in a park' mobile without compromising their health for the rest of the week. Thanks for the reply!

We have rented at the TTC in October and again last week. The rental is located at the store on the right as you approach the TTC on the side by the list and found.

77BD0E17-7A73-45F9-9F99-AF0A88DA1779.jpeg E4D18811-6DBC-4FE9-8CBA-5B6FF4B13590.jpeg
We have rented at the TTC in October and again last week. The rental is located at the store on the right as you approach the TTC on the side by the list and found.
Disney has not always rented them from that location in addition to the park entrance. Not sure when they started, but I think it was fairly recent (last few months - I believe last summer).

Animal Kingdom is only one place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter