Renting an EVC off-site

sweetp0618

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a week at WDW. My Mom recently broke her ankle and is in a large cast but still wanted to go. We rented an ECV from Randy's Mobility in Orlando; their phone number is 407-855-6562. They are very nice people with great service. We rented a snazzy red ECV from them. My Mom got many compliments on the scooter--it was much nicer than the one's we saw that were rented from other companies. The price was $150 total for the week. We called Randy's when we left the airport for the resort and they were there within minutes of our arrival at the hotel. They picked the scooter up from our room at 8:30 am this morning. I highly recommend this company based on our experience this week. Good luck.

Thanks for the testimonial. We have had their phone number listed each time someone asks about ecvs, but it always helps to have a personal report. Glad you had such a good time.c

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
cinderella08.gif
ˇ

Thank you for sharing your experience. Next time I might consider renting from an off site company rather than hoping Disney has one each time I go to a park.

sweetp0618, Thanks for your post. I am going with my father and his girlfriend. They both need ECVs for 10 days. It sounds like this would be the cheaper way to go. The only concern I have, is, we are staying off site. Will they deliver to an off site hotel as well as a resort? I'm sure we won't have a first floor room. Is this something we need to bring in with us each night? Is it light and easy to carry upstairs? Thanks for any insight you could provide!

Where ever you are, you can request a first floor room for medical reasons. If you would rather not be one the first floor, I suggest you call the hotel where you are staying and ask if they have any elevators. You can get ecvs that break down into pieces for transport, but I believe the heaviest piece is around 30-40 pounds. Whatever the weight, you can lift it into a car or van, but I wouldn't want to carry it very far. You would need to plug it in every night to recharge it and you probably would not want to leave it sitting out all night.n

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
cinderella08.gif
ˇ

Thank you! I guess we will weigh the pros and cons of this. After a long day at the parks, carrying these anywhere would probably not make my husband a happy camper.

Hi. I just wanted to say thanks to all again. We decided to rent saving us $200 for the whole ten days. I wouldn't even have known about this if it hadn't been for this original post. And Sue thanks for the info on the ground floor room. We're all set there too. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!