Renting Beach Club Advice

JayDubs

Here for Castles, Fireworks, and Magic
So, we're looking to do a split stay in May 2020 and Rent Points through David's DVC rentals. I'm looking for your advice.

We are looking to do 2 nights at Boulder Ridge Studio and 3 nights at Beach Club Studio. David's DVC has the points and availability to rent the Boulder Ridge now, but they don't have the Beach Club points at the moment. Should we hold out for a month or so (10 months out instead of 11) and hope that someone with Beach Club points comes along to David's DVC, or should we just scrap the idea of the Beach Club (which is my dream resort) and spend the whole 5 days at Boulder Ridge? Worried that if we hold out, we STILL won't get a Beach Club reservation and then all the studios at Boulder Ridge will be gone...

Thanks for your advice! My first time renting points/staying DVC!

JayDubs

What dates, specifically, are you looking for at beach club? It could be outside the 11 months. I'd just submit that request and roll the dice. Worst case, book a regular room on Orbitz or something with a promo code stacked on top of the Disney promotion (more on that in the resort thread :) )

Hoping for a Beach Club Studio 5/12-5/15 2020...

Well that's definitely within the 11 months so he must really not have the points available. It's only 48 points so I'd just get your request in. BCV doesn't book up right at 11 months that time of year so you should be fine.

I've rented my BCV points through David's in the past - at about the 8 month window. I know David's usually has a long waiting list for certain resorts (like BCV) so I would jump on the waiting list ASAP. Also - David's will match an owner's available points (as well as whether they would be willing to borrow extra points to match a reservation request) as closely as possible with a renter's request. For instance, I was renting 175 points - they had a client who needed exactly 175 points. That client may have been way down on the waitlist and you might be on the top BUT their point needs matched my rental points so their rental contract was filled first.

If you're familiar and feel comfortable with the rental process (and read all the stickies), then try to find a BCV owner on the rental boards and rent from them. If not, maybe try another broker too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter