Renting DVC points for post BSM stay

chirurgeon

I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.
I'm going on next July's trip, will there still be available rooms in January? It will be so much easier being able to rent points at the six month mark.

Kim

Kim, I can't forecast next July availability but I have found its very hard to get a DVC unit at VGC. We apparently were lucky last year to get a 2BR unit after our trip. I don't recall exactly how early I booked that but obviously it couldn't have been any sooner than 7 months before.

You can also use DVC points to stay in a regular room at the Grand (or the other two hotels for that matter) and sometimes the "exchange rate" is ok as compared to the regular hotel rate. Val & I have done that a couple of times, but for our next trip we're finding the cost of the DLH would be cheaper with an AP discount than using points (at least in September).

So, not really an answer to your question other than to be on the phone at the 7 month window.

Please keep in mind that booking pre or post nights on your own means that you then must provide your own transportation to or from the airport.

Just something to keep in mind when calculating your cost.

Kevin makes a good point (as usual). I meant to include that factoid in my response. I'm thinking that when Val & I do BSM in December 2014 that we will add on a couple of days before/after through ABD. Won't decide that until much later once we've turned our attention to the travel arrangements.

Please keep in mind that booking pre or post nights on your own means that you then must provide your own transportation to or from the airport.

Just something to keep in mind when calculating your cost.

Thanks, Kevin. I was keeping that in mind.

I might see if there are any points for rent from a VGC owner now.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!