Renting DVC points "Newbie"

Frankie Nova

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are planning a Land and Sea trip next year and plan on staying on land 4 nights before going on the dis cruise. As far as DVC rental is that possible to do 4 nights? Or do most sell on a weekly basis?
Or is it just based on points and Rooms are points per night?
Thanks

I've only rented once but did a split stay with 4 nights at each resort with no problem. I know some companies want your reservation to be a certain number of points. I think with 4 nights total you should be fine.

You will have no problems with 4 nights.

As someone who has rented points, you will find people happy to only rent one night. Sometimes, we have 20-25 points that we can't use and are going to lose unless we rent them.

The greater challenge will be the usual issues with renting: Finding an owner with the right points, and availability at a desired resort. Be sure to plan 11 months out for best results.

If your trip is between Oct and Jan you might have a problem, unless you find a rental 11 months ahead. That is a very difficult time to get a DVC unit.

I've only rented once but did a split stay with 4 nights at each resort with no problem. I know some companies want your reservation to be a certain number of points. I think with 4 nights total you should be fine.
thank you

If your trip is between Oct and Jan you might have a problem, unless you find a rental 11 months ahead. That is a very difficult time to get a DVC unit.
th
Thinking it would be Feb or March

You still want to plan as far ahead as possible. More people look to rent from owners than there are owners who want to rent out their points. Availability for points at some of the high demand resorts can be a problem. Also know that point rentals are generally non-refundable and often are complete payment up front. You cannot change you mind and switch dates or rooms easily. The sooner you get your plans set, the more successful you are likely to be.

than
You still want to plan as far ahead as possible. More people look to rent from owners than there are owners who want to rent out their points. Availability for points at some of the high demand resorts can be a problem. Also know that point rentals are generally non-refundable and often are complete payment up front. You cannot change you mind and switch dates or rooms easily. The sooner you get your plans set, the more successful you are likely t

thank you

You should be fine, but need to be flexible! Today I decided I wanted to go to Flower and Garden next March. I got the studio I wanted at BCV, BUT I did note that if I had wanted standard view at BWV, I would have had to waitlist. We are still 10 1/2 months out, and no standard view studio at BWV left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter