Renting DVC Points - Points room perks?

I'm going in late September so I can let you know how it works out for me. I just called Aulani and they "see something there" but wasn't able to pull up the reservation for some reason, said I would need to speak to DVC. I emailed David's to see how I can confirm, but I just got a reply that I can check in 10 days before to ensure the reservation is still intact.

Can we get an update on how it went? :)

Can we get an update on how it went? :)
I’m not the person you’re asking but we also rented points thru David’s and arrived at Aulani last night. We couldn’t be happier with how everything went. We were able to do online check in once we were within the 10 day window without issue and actual check in last night was painless. All our room requests (which we sent to David’s who then has the actual DVC owner submit them) were granted.

I’m not the person you’re asking but we also rented points thru David’s and arrived at Aulani last night. We couldn’t be happier with how everything went. We were able to do online check in once we were within the 10 day window without issue and actual check in last night was painless. All our room requests (which we sent to David’s who then has the actual DVC owner submit them) were granted.
What kind of room did you get? Any recommendations for the kinds of room requests to make? We requested the highest floor possible for our Garden View room so that we don’t end up in the bushes

What kind of room did you get? Any recommendations for the kinds of room requests to make? We requested the highest floor possible for our Garden View room so that we don’t end up in the bushes
We have a 1bd villa, Island/Garden view.

After spending way too much time researching and reading the Villas and Views thread I decided I wanted one of the rooms on the back side of the Ewa tower because they do have a view of the ocean as well. The exact request I submitted was:

Ewa Building, Floor 6 or higher. Rooms ending in 71 through 87

No matter what island/garden view room type you have booked (except standard hotel) that room block will work as there are 1bd, studio (so therefore lock-offs) and dedicated 2bd in those room numbers.

We were given villa 971 and this is our view.
C6-D7-A711-4-AF9-4189-931-D-820-D33702-BEB.jpg

We were able to watch Coco (the Ohana movie night showing on the lawn) last night from our balcony. My in laws have 977 down the hall which is closer to the ocean and has an even better view (but not as good a view of the lawn).

There’s is a shipping terminal you can clearly see from the balcony (it’s cutoff but is to the left of the other hotel in the photo above) and they are doing construction/work on the wedding chapel down in the lower right but it’s very easy to look past all that to the gorgeous blue waters beyond. You also won’t see full sunset from your balcony as the sun sets on the other side of the building (you need ocean view vilas to see sunset) but even side views of Hawaii sunsets don’t disappoint as you can tell from the photo above which is the beginning of sunset from our balcony.

I’d encourage you to look through the villas and views thread at the top of the forum to get an idea of what specific room area you want.

Wow, nice view! I am hoping to get a view of the pool area with a partial ocean view. We’ll be in a studio so I think those only go up to the 6th floor or so. I’ll check the views and see if I can narrow down a more specific room block request. Thanks!

Wow, nice view! I am hoping to get a view of the pool area with a partial ocean view. We’ll be in a studio so I think those only go up to the 6th floor or so. I’ll check the views and see if I can narrow down a more specific room block request. Thanks!

If you have Island/Garden view booked that’s not going to happen. All rooms on the “inside” of the Aulani “U” are either Ocean View or Pool View. Pool View is 5th floor and below, Ocean View 6th floor and up.

There are studios on all floors. If you have Island/Garden view booked and want to see the ocean (no way to see the pools with this view category) your best bet is the room block I requested, I believe.

We were given villa 971 and this is our view.

Great pic! Thanks for posting, and happy you are loving Aulani! We love it too! :flower:

For those reading this great thread, as a 25 year DVC member, it is VERY important to prioritize any room requests you make. Put them in the order of importance to you. IOW, if which tower you want is most important, ask for THAT to be your first request.

Also, while I am always so happy to see when folks get all their requests granted, that is not the norm when multiple requests are made. Sure, it happens, especially in shoulder seasons, but to avoid disappointment, ALWAYS remember that requests are only that. REQUESTS. And never guaranteed. I can tell you as someone that has invested heavily in 2 deluxe timeshares ( I also own a premium Maui TS), that even as an owner booking as far out as possible, I do not always get my requests. And having spent so much money, it is disappointing at times depending on the circumstances. But all that said, it's pretty tough to get a "bad" room in a deluxe oceanfront Hawaiian resort. :sunny: I suppose if you booked the cheapest of the cheapest rooms one could get a garbage receptacle view, but I rarely hear of someone getting one of those. :cutie::cutie::cutie:

If you have Island/Garden view booked that’s not going to happen. All rooms on the “inside” of the Aulani “U” are either Ocean View or Pool View. Pool View is 5th floor and below, Ocean View 6th floor and up.

There are studios on all floors. If you have Island/Garden view booked and want to see the ocean (no way to see the pools with this view category) your best bet is the room block I requested, I believe.
I just checked our contract and it says “Studio Poolside Garden” so I guess that is Pool View, right? That they tacked “Garden” on there threw me off

That’s why I requested the highest possible room, because I saw they only go to the 5th floor

Last edited:
I just checked our contract and it says “Studio Poolside Garden” so I guess that is Pool View, right? That they tacked “Garden” on there threw me off

That’s why I requested the highest possible room, because I saw they only go to the 5th floor

Below is copied/pasted as description on the member website for Aulani's Poolside/Garden View Studios:

Deluxe Studio – Poolside Gardens View
View Floor Plans- Modal
Includes at least a partial view of the pool, courtyards, water features, or landscaping from the room or balcony
1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
Sleeps Up to 4 Guests and 1 infant (under 3 years of age)

Right, but when I’m looking at all the pictures people have posted of their rooms, it just falls under Pool View, correct?

I know putting in another request may not work but if I can find the ideal view we’d prefer, I’d love to at least try for it :)

Right, but when I’m looking at all the pictures people have posted of their rooms, it just falls under Pool View, correct?

I know putting in another request may not work but if I can find the ideal view we’d prefer, I’d love to at least try for it :)

Yes, it would be listed just under pool view in the Villas and Views thread. I’d definitely do highest floor like you said (which will be 5). You could try and pick a building or room number range you prefer but I suppose the narrower the request the less likely to be filled. Maybe prioritize high floor and then room block? Some seem to like being near the ‘Olelo room, for example. There is live music in the patio there pretty much every night that you could enjoy from your balcony. That would be even numbered rooms ending in 50-58. I’d as for floors 4 or 5 in that block though as 3rd floor is a main thoroughfare since that’s the lobby level. That wouldn’t be such a big deal farther down the hall but this particular section is the main path to the Ewa tower elevators.
712-E680-D-27-A4-4-C33-A6-AA-0-FAF659-EB6-FA.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter