Renting DVC Questions (help appreciated)

cowza

Mouseketeer
I've had a little gander on the disboards regarding renting DVC points but wondered if anyone here from the UK had had any experience doing this?

My family banked last years points and are still unable to go this year so have 146 points we'll lose out on if we don't rent them out. We are not really keen to use them for a holiday outside Disney.

If renting them to someone from the US (which I think is more likely to happen) how did others operate the financial side of it? From my experience with foreign banks I'd imagine there are fees involved in transferring from one countries bank to another. Is there much interest here from UK people to rent points?

Would appreciate any input anyone can offer :-)

Ben

Before purchasing I always rented points but from a UK renter. Purely because of the payment reason. I too have points to rent but deciding the best way to go about it. Have you looked at davids vacation rentals? I rented mine through them last year. Got $10 a point (about 6.95 a point at the time). As the dollar is quite strong against the £ it works to about 6.60 a point nowYou would get more £7-7.50 by doing it yourself but its advertising on here urself and working on a trust issue. Im sorry I cant be much help
Just to add I used paypal and payed as a gift. That way no charges.

I have mostly rented to USA folks and take payment via PayPal. Any conversions are done by them and the sterling value is trans to my bank account.

Thanks for your replies guys. We decided to try out David's rentals due to its affiliation with the boards here and general ease of use. I guess they are desperate for points at the moment because they are paying $11 a point which is pretty decent.

Thanks for your replies guys. We decided to try out David's rentals due to its affiliation with the boards here and general ease of use. I guess they are desperate for points at the moment because they are paying $11 a point which is pretty decent.
Thats how they advertise but I had points with them for over a month and only had 2 emails. Make sure you check ur emails hourly as the email goes out to all renters and you have to reply quick to get your points rented out.
It maybe because I only had a small number this time. The last time I had a lot more. Good luck.

I've used David's rentals previously and found my points to be snapped up pretty quickly, was very happy with them.

We had our first email quite quickly. But as you aid you have to reply quickly to get your points snapped up. 45 minutes was too late for us haha. We are trying to be on the ball now we know how quick you need to act.

Ben

Just thought I'd update you all that we successfully managed to rent our points with David's Rentals. Quite frankly we found the experience outstanding and wouldn't hesitate to use them again if we can't go to disney. Great service!

Ben

Excellent news. It is reassuring when someone else does the work. I was pleased with them . With the dollar strong at the moment the price per point is a bit low but when I rented mine we got £7.10 a point. Swings and roundabouts .

I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience with David's Rentals :thumbsup2

My mum and dad were just happy the money will cover the annual dues and leave a little extra to spend on a holiday closer to home. Win win situation really :-) Lets just hope the £ will always stay relatively strong against the $

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!