Renting ECV at LAX / Disneyland?

Buckimion

Purple Heart Park Commando
For our trip to Disneyland in June, I'm looking to rent an ECV. I'd like to pick it up near LAX but can't find any companies in the area online. We'll be touring a few places (Knotts, Catalina Island, Hollywood) before actually starting at Disneyland.

I have read/contacted Alan's Wheelchairs in Anaheim and they may be my best bet if finding a place near LAX fails. I'm curious what experience anyone has had with them and their equipment. (I'm light enough for their smallest adult chair but they recommended a higher-priced chair for park touring. Is this just a hard-sell to get me to pay for more than I need?)

I think it is just a hard sell. The normal rentals have two large battery packs and can generally go 25 miles on a full charge. The smaller ECVs only have about a ten mile range. However, it is very unlikely that you will even go as many as eight miles in a day while running around in the parks.

I forget the name of the company I rented from last time at DL, but I had contacted the DL Hotel Concierge and they were able to give me a contact and I rented from them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter