renting multi person golf cart?

firemanx

DIS Veteran
I've seen it mentioned that the fort rents 4 person golf carts, but have ones that can fit more! can these be reserved in advance? has anyone had trouble getting one? anybody know the cost?
TIA!

The 6 seaters cannot be reserved in advance, first come first serve. As for price not sure on that, the 4 seaters are 67.00 per day including tax.

Well, when you make a golf cart reservation (which I recommend) you don't specify what size you want/need, firemanx. You reserve "a cart" and deposit the 4-cart rate. When you get to the Fort and pick up your cart, you ask if they have a 6-seat available and if they do they will upgrade you to it and also bump up your daily rate (which used to be $87/day but that might have gone up). If they don't have one, you can go on a wait list in case one comes up during your visit and they will contact you when it's available.

6-seat carts are very few so can be hard to get so either roll the dice above or try to rent a 6-er from an offsite vendor (and all that entails).

Bama Ed

but can i specify the size i want& put deposit?
Dude,

Read my prior post again.

When you call for a reservation you just

.Reserve.
.A.
.Cart.

And they charge you for a 4-seater deposit.

You can specify whatever the heck you want when you dial them up and they won't care because they won't hold a 6-er for you or anyone if someone else the day before you wants one. That's how it's first-come-first-served. If one is available the day you pick up the cart, congrats. If it's not then it's not.

It is what it is. Welcome to our world.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
@bama_ed is right about renting a 6 seater from Disney. It’s really annoying. An off-site vendor like Kenny’s will reserve the specific size you need but then you need to drive out to get it and back. The price of the off site 6 seater is about the price of an on-site 4 seater.

@bama_ed is right about renting a 6 seater from Disney. It’s really annoying. An off-site vendor like Kenny’s will reserve the specific size you need but then you need to drive out to get it and back. The price of the off site 6 seater is about the price of an on-site 4 seater.

As an FYI Kenny will allow you to use his pick-up and trailer to get the cart back and forth

Yeah, firemanx, it's an imperfect system. Disney doesn't separate their inventory of golf carts into separate 4-seat rentals and 6-seat rentals. They're all jumbled together and you just have to ask when you pick it up. Disney IT is not Amazon-level smart!. ::yes::

Bama Ed

Does anyone know how much Kenny is now renting a 4 seater for a week?

Last time I rented from him was fall of 2017 and I want to say for a week he was $35 a night. IIRC he gives a discount the longer you rent. I want to say it's a higher rate for 5 nights or less.

Wow. Just got a quote for a week rental for $300 (around $42 per night) per cart, we are renting 2 carts. That's a big price hike. I rented last January and it was $240 per cart. Has anyone paid approx $300 per week or $42 per night?

Has anyone used Tee time golf cart rentals? Or any other outside vendors that would rent (and prefer drop off and pickup at the Fort)

Has anyone used Tee time golf cart rentals? Or any other outside vendors that would rent (and prefer drop off and pickup at the Fort)
I’ve used Tee Time. We were happy with the 6-person cart and the cost. We did have to go off-property to pick it up and deliver it (unless you are lucky that they can coordinate a handoff at the Fort) but it wasn’t too far and they were where they said they would be right on time. My understanding is that off-site rentals can no longer deliver to the Fort.

I’ve used Tee Time. We were happy with the 6-person cart and the cost. We did have to go off-property to pick it up and deliver it (unless you are lucky that they can coordinate a handoff at the Fort) but it wasn’t too far and they were where they said they would be right on time. My understanding is that off-site rentals can no longer deliver to the Fort.

That is correct, outside Cart only vendors can no longer deliver to The Fort. I'm not sure exactly when it changed but sometime prior to Nov 2015 as I had to go offsite to get it and drop it back off then. Only if you are renting an RV from a place that also rents golf carts in conjunction with the RV rental can you have a cart delivered. Disney allow off site rentals to be picked up/dropped off at least a mile from Disney Property, so for Kenny's, and most others I'd imagine, it means in the LBV area. The pickup/drop off spot is about 4 miles away from The Fort as Disney property stretches out quite a bit. It's about an 8-10 min drive and is very easy to get to. All told figure 45 to an hour to complete the total process getting/dropping off a cart.

AS @amcc said sometimes you get lucky and they can "coordinate a handoff" but no guarantee.

That is correct, outside Cart only vendors can no longer deliver to The Fort. I'm not sure exactly when it changed but sometime prior to Nov 2015 as I had to go offsite to get it and drop it back off then. Only if you are renting an RV from a place that also rents golf carts in conjunction with the RV rental can you have a cart delivered. Disney allow off site rentals to be picked up/dropped off at least a mile from Disney Property, so for Kenny's, and most others I'd imagine, it means in the LBV area. The pickup/drop off spot is about 4 miles away from The Fort as Disney property stretches out quite a bit. It's about an 8-10 min drive and is very easy to get to. All told figure 45 to an hour to complete the total process getting/dropping off a cart.

AS @amcc said sometimes you get lucky and they can "coordinate a handoff" but no guarantee.
Thank you! The company I am renting the camper from does carts- I should just go through them

I'm going to piggy back a few Golf Cart Rental questions on here....

I thought I read somewhere that Disney 'strictly enforces' the 4-person cart only carry 4 people. True?
Likewise, I read that Disney 'strictly enforces' that only licensed drivers can operate a golf cart. Or maybe that was just driver needs to be 16 or older. Can someone clarify?
We are a family of 5 so just trying to figure out what we need.

I've never considered an offsite rental for our golf cart but i may if we need a 6-person GC. We will have our own vehicle but do not have towing capabilities. How would we pick it up then?

TIA

I'm going to piggy back a few Golf Cart Rental questions on here....

I thought I read somewhere that Disney 'strictly enforces' the 4-person cart only carry 4 people. True?
Likewise, I read that Disney 'strictly enforces' that only licensed drivers can operate a golf cart. Or maybe that was just driver needs to be 16 or older. Can someone clarify?
We are a family of 5 so just trying to figure out what we need.

I've never considered an offsite rental for our golf cart but i may if we need a 6-person GC. We will have our own vehicle but do not have towing capabilities. How would we pick it up then?

TIA

It believe it's supposed to be all butts in a seat, so yes 4 seats/ only 4 people. You will hear people say they have seen people squeeze 5 or even 6 in one and never seen it enforced and others say they have seen it enforced. However if you had 5 people but one was a your child that needed to sit on a lap it appears that nothing would be said.

The official rule is 16 with a valid drivers license.

I know if you rent from Kenny at Tee Time they will let you use their pick-up and trailer to bring the cart to and from The Fort, I have done it twice. For those that have a hitch I have heard that you can just hook it up to your vehicle. From the time you leave The Fort it takes between 45 and a hour for the entire process.

Screen-Shot-2018-12-19-at-8.16.23-PM-1024x929.png

No. You'll be fine if Mom or Dad is driving and all passengers have a butt on a seat. No standing hanging on a vertical bar. No sitting in someone's lap. An adult passenger (not the driver) holding an infant in their arms is fine.

Likewise, I read that Disney 'strictly enforces' that only licensed drivers can operate a golf cart.

No. Of course if the driver is too young to reach the pedals and see over the wheel, they might stop and say something. But a responsible young adult has never been stopped that I've heard of. Jimsig posted the rules but like lots of rules at the Fort, they are rarely enforced except in extreme cases of bad behavior.

People are very lax, even more so, with their own private carts that they bring into the Fort. You might think Disney has less reason/ability to stop irresponsible behavior with them and that's where I've seen/heard of the limited golf cart enforcement that there is. IMO (worth what you paid for it) that's where the majority of issues lie. Whatever.

So bottom line is if you or DH drive and kids sit, you can use a regular golf cart. Of course if anything happens and you're violating the written rules, you have little recourse legally against Disney. But be a responsible parent and you'll be fine.

Just my two cents.

Bama Ed

I thought I read somewhere that Disney 'strictly enforces'
No offense. I had to laugh when I saw that someone actually stated Disney strictly enforced something at the Fort. If you read enough on here, you'll see that "enforcement" is something Disney seems to have an aversion to, especially if it means confronting someone and possible creating a less than magical experience. More often, they throw pixie dust (something free) at the people that pointed out the issue or complained instead of actually dealing with the problem.

Others have covered the "official" rules around carts. Like Ed said, if someone can reach the pedals and is driving responsibly, I'm confident nothing would be addressed. As for "butts on a seat", that is a good rule of thumb. Last September, there were 5 of us on a Fort "4 seater" cart. Two in front and three of us on the back seat. We were all on the seat (it was tight since two of us are not small, but we wedged our skinny DS in the middle anyway). I'm not going to condone violating any rules, but I'll just say, don't be surprised if you see a lot of creative interpretation of those rules.

j

👍 Thank you all! I should have known better than to fear Disney to "strictly enforce" anything.

My family will be making our first visit to The Fort this summer. (Well, my husband was there about 40 years ago but we'll assume a few things have changed ;)) So I'll be poking around here more and more.

We are staying in a Cabin as we are not camping people but love the outdoors and hiking. So I think this will be a great fit. We can't wait.👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!