RENTING OUR DVC POINTS?

Report income less the allocated cost of the annual dues and marketing costs and amortized cost to purchase DVC contract (28.5 year amortization I believe). Confirm with your tax person.
Don't amortize the purchase price. That is depreciation you don't get to do that in casual use personal property. I know there are timeshare sites that say you can....I strongly disagree.
Plus it depends on what country you live in.

Today David’s had me a big reservation. To see if I wanted it. A big 10 points LOL. You wouldn’t even think that would be worth their time as they will only get 35 dollars it was a sep 29 at the boardwalk. Only got about 100 points left and going to keep them. Even if I had a lot 10 points not worth the trine.

David’s sent me another email today for another 10 point reservation lol.

I know this is a older thread, but we're at the point of renting our points.

Do all the companies pay via PayPal? I don't have a PayPal account, and I'm not about to reopen mine. I got hacked there, and I refuse to do business with them again.

Many thanks!

Do all the companies pay via PayPal? I don't have a PayPal account, and I'm not about to reopen mine. I got hacked there, and I refuse to do business with them again.

Many thanks!

I am not sure about payment as I used Davids and it was PayPal.

But I do want to mention to please report any contact you may get via PM regarding them if you did not initiate contact

This is how people have attempted to scam or get around the rules here!

Thank you again for not posting details and keeping your question general!

Many thanks!

@pklein09 - Over at DVC Rental Store we offer payment via Check, ACH, or PayPal! Hope this helps!

@pklein09 - Over at DVC Rental Store we offer payment via Check, ACH, or PayPal! Hope this helps!

Supporting a forum sponsor here. I still rent most of my points via the forums but for my point stragglers, I made the switch from David's to DVC Rental Store. It made it very easy to rent out I think 13 leftover points by being able to browse listings. I think I stalked one that wasn't a home resort but Ii was able to snag it when it hit 7 months.

Supporting a forum sponsor here. I still rent most of my points via the forums but for my point stragglers, I made the switch from David's to DVC Rental Store. It made it very easy to rent out I think 13 leftover points by being able to browse listings. I think I stalked one that wasn't a home resort but Ii was able to snag it when it hit 7 months.

Gotta say that if I ever rent and need to use a broker, DVC Rental Store it will be!

Thank you all for the replies!!! I'm glad to hear that DVC Rental Store offers multiple payment options. I'll sit down with my husband and we'll decide what we want to do.

Just wanted to follow up and say we chose DVC Rental Store to rent our points. It was easy enough, but everything happened so quickly that I felt like I was drinking from a fire hose! I posted the points in the evening, had offers in the morning, and everything booked before noon! I did call to speak with a representative twice to make sure I understood everything and was doing everything correctly. They were super nice and very helpful!

DH and I both said it was like the old days of passing on paper fast passes that we weren't going to use...we got to give someone else a taste of Disney magic. I hope the families we made reservations for have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter