Renting points-room requests?

g8rben

Mouseketeer
We're staying at BWV and Poly on rented points in January 2018. Our "regular" stays, I've used Touring Plans fax service to send in room requests a few days before our arrival and had fairly good success at getting what we want generally. Does the process work the same if staying on DVC points? Can I "fax" in the request as I have done in the past, or do room request work differently for DVC point stays? I know it's only a "request" and nothing is guaranteed. Also, we're doing a split stay, starting at BWV, then moving to Poly. On our switch day I'd like to get us into the room as early as possible, but perhaps avoid a Pago/parking lot view since this may be the one and only time we stay at Poly. What are my best chances for earlier check in but no parking lot? (;

TIA!

NO, only the owner of the points can contact MS to make requests. Requests should be made when booking for best results.

It is pretty rare to get into a room before 4PM with DVC. It's not realistic to have multiple requests AND "first available."

we've stayed on rented points and used the touring plans faxed, and had the request honored. we even had an anniversary balloon in our room at check in - and that was mentioned in our fax, but not in any other manner.

we've stayed on rented points and used the touring plans faxed, and had the request honored. we even had an anniversary balloon in our room at check in - and that was mentioned in our fax, but not in any other manner.
What resort did you stay at?

Plus if you are going for the marathon, plan on the villas being totally occupied and probably not vacated on Sunday until 11AM (if you are changing on Sunday). Any other day during the marathon will mean the same.
So cleaning them and getting them back in order will mean you probably won't get into your second villa until after 4PM.

We are there for the marathon but making the switch on Monday. We got BWV through an owner at the 11 month mark, and then they were able to get us into the Poly on Monday. I figured most marathon folks were checking out by then so it had availability at 7 months. Do most folks check out on Sunday if they're there for the marathon, or wait until Monday? We're staying through Thursday to have park time after it quiets down a bit.

Having rented out points in the past, it's my understanding that we are to make any room requests made by the renters. I would call the place you are renting from and see if they can contact the person you are renting from then request them to make any room/view requests via phone. No guarantees, but wouldn't hurt.

I rented points at Poly in May and contracted Touring Plans in advance who assured me their fax room request service would work for DVC stays. Sure enough we were one floor below our specific requested room and couldn't have been happier (we had a view of the lake/Space Mountain from our standard view room).

I rented points at Poly in May and contracted Touring Plans in advance who assured me their fax room request service would work for DVC stays. Sure enough we were one floor below our specific requested room and couldn't have been happier (we had a view of the lake/Space Mountain from our standard view room).

It's always best to handle any requests regarding DVC rentals through the renter, including room requests. There have been situations in the past where room requests were made and honored in the past that were upgraded views/categories, and the owners' points were deducted to match the request.

we did this at BWV.

we bought in after that, and have stayed at BRV and BWV on our own points and sent in faxes instead of calling member services. our requests were honored / mentioned.

Wow. We've been BWV owners fifteen years staying there nearly every trip and in fifteen years have gotten ONE request met. Your experience and my experience do not match at all.

We have as well. In May, we got the exact room we wanted at BLT. At GF, we got the exact location we wanted, just one floor up.

It's always best to handle any requests regarding DVC rentals through the renter, including room requests. There have been situations in the past where room requests were made and honored in the past that were upgraded views/categories, and the owners' points were deducted to match the request.

We requested and were granted a room within the category we booked. I think as long as it's so easy and effective on Touring Plans that it's a pretty good way to do it, especially when renting through a reseller without direct access to the owner.

We requested and were granted a room within the category we booked. I think as long as it's so easy and effective on Touring Plans that it's a pretty good way to do it, especially when renting through a reseller without direct access to the owner.

I reality the resort shouldn't accept requests from a DVC renter and I know for a fact that some resorts do not accept faxed room requests. There is a Disney system in place for requests and Disney should have all resorts use their process.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts