Renting points

pickers1982

DIS Veteran
Poking at a trip next year. Got airmiles for flights so my question is......what are the pro s of renting points to book my stay versus just booking a hotel. Very new to this and bit confused. I will be for October

Poking at a trip next year. Got airmiles for flights so my question is......what are the pro s of renting points to book my stay versus just booking a hotel. Very new to this and bit confused. I will be for October
It depends where you are looking to stay. DVC are deluxe studios/villas. Have you looked at the studios/villas? If you book dvc on points you will not be eligible for free DDP whereas if you booked Okw or SSr through any promotion the UK may have on, you may get free DDP. Before I bought into dvc I rented points purely down to cost. AKLv was over £280 a night compared to the £80 odd I paid for a studio. Depends on how much the owner is renting for a night as well. Davids rentals charge $15 a point I think where as private renters charge from $10-12.50 normally. Some people prefer the security of using davids or the timeshare store compared to a private renter as a lot of trust on both sides needs to be established.
As an example a week stay in october in a studio at say boardwalk villas / hotel random dates would be:-
Date- 17-24th a standard view studio would be 74 points- preferred view 107 for the week. Okw would be 78 a week, Bay lake tower(this has 3different room catagories) standard would be 109 for that week. If you times that by average £7 a point it will give you the cost of the stay. So BWV would be £518 for the standard view compared to £763 for the preferred. WDW for the hotel room would be £2100 for the standard view £2464 for the preferred. Quite a price difference. It also depends if you want a one bedroom which are more points a night so a one bed at BWV would be 166 and 213 for each view. You would need to book at the 11 month window with someone that owns at the resort you choose though quieter times 7 months is fine. Hope this helps a little. You would have food costs obviously and tickets. When I rented it was nice to stay deluxe in resorts I would never afford to otherwise stay in.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The simple answer is lower price and better accommodations. The only downside is 2x per week housekeeping instead of daily with a hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!