Renting Rollator/Walker for a day?

I *love love love* that you are a fellow planner! 😍 BUT... a heads up - you can only use the walking stick as a walking stick at WDW; the rules clearly state that folding chairs are not allowed, which is what your device is intended to become when the seat is deployed. Other devices that have seats (like Rollators) that are also mobility devices are not prohibited under the rules.

You may have folks come along and say "Oh I took mine to the parks, and there was no problem". If you decide to take your chances, just be prepared, and have a backup plan if Security confiscates it at bag check, or if a Cast Member tells you that you cannot use it.

Plus, historically, we have seen that those types of "tripod" seats that fold out of a cane or walking stick are often very easily unbalanced, especially on heavily patterned or textured surfaces like are common at WDW, or if the user is jostled by the crowd. Everyone here wants you to have an interesting story to tell at the end of the trip, but nobody wants it to be "I fell off my little chair, and had to go to the Emergency Room!" 🙂
Thanks for the heads up. I was aware of that (read it somewhere previously), and the main intention was for waiting outside the outlet to relieve back issues from standing. If taken to the park (it’s collapsible) then having the wider top which acts as a handle is helpful to lean on if needing to stand and take some pressure off. I definitely stayed away from the tripods, and the sling type ones so that if I decided to use it as a stick in the Park there could hopefully be no mistaking it’s intention strictly as a stick.

And I’ll be practicing my balance so I’m hopefully ok ‘if’ it’s used at the outlets.

Thanks again :)

People have reported they saw CMs tell people who were sitting on cane seats to get up.
Someone reported they saw it where someone was using one at the curb while waiting for the parade at MK. That would cause quite a spill if a person was bumped from behind and tumbled down the curb!

People have reported they saw CMs tell people who were sitting on cane seats to get up.
Someone reported they saw it where someone was using one at the curb while waiting for the parade at MK. That would cause quite a spill if a person was bumped from behind and tumbled down the curb!
Thanks. I’ll restate again for all the following comments above that I have no intention or need for using it in the park as a seat, and probably not even as a cane as I’ll have an ECV. IF I use it at all as a seat it will be for waiting outside the outlets to perch or lean on (carefully perch with practice ahead of time, or lean on with my hands in ‘cane’ position) and the rest of the time (IF used at all) it will be as a cane to get through the outlet mall itself and potentially if I want to leave the ECV and walk a bit at the parks, and have it for balance.

My preference is for a walker if I can.

My actual preference would be to need nothing, but unfortunately that’s not currently realistic, so I’m trying to look into what I can do specifically for my outlet day where I won’t be able to bring the ECV.

Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter