reopening worries?

We canceled our mid-June trip to Aulani and Grand Wailea. Lost over $2500. We were planning on spending a couple days in California (Disneyland, San Diego Zoo, Universal Studios) before and after our trip to Hawaii as well. I’d rather lose the $2500 then have a watered down experience.

We canceled our mid-June trip to Aulani and Grand Wailea. Lost over $2500. We were planning on spending a couple days in California (Disneyland, San Diego Zoo, Universal Studios) before and after our trip to Hawaii as well. I’d rather lose the $2500 then have a watered down experience.
What is the source of your monetary loss? Who wasn't offering refunds?

We rented DVC points through a company. We cannot get the deposit back.

Which rental company did you use? I am supposed to make final payment next week for an early July trip at Aulani. At this point, I don't think we are going because it is pointless if the quarantine is still in place. I have called twice to the rental company to get an answer to refunds/options and I have not gotten a return call yet. So just curious what other people have done...thanks!

Same for my family... mid-July stay at Aulani on rented points with balance payment due in three weeks. If I don’t pay the balance, then I forfeit the reservation and $ paid so far. It stinks but it’s not looking like we will get any good info about July, so I will probably just eat the $1200 I’ve paid already. Didn’t buy plane tickets yet anyway so no stress there

Which rental company did you use? I am supposed to make final payment next week for an early July trip at Aulani. At this point, I don't think we are going because it is pointless if the quarantine is still in place. I have called twice to the rental company to get an answer to refunds/options and I have not gotten a return call yet. So just curious what other people have done...thanks!
DVC rental store. They have great customer service and have responded to all of our questions/concerns.

We rented DVC points through a company. We cannot get the deposit back.

We had rented points as well and I thought I had lost my deposit. Cancelled in April and May 1st received an email saying they had given me a credit good until 5/2022 I was very surprised.

We had rented points as well and I thought I had lost my deposit. Cancelled in April and May 1st received an email saying they had given me a credit good until 5/2022 I was very surprised.
I’m hoping that something similar will happen in our case. We have every intention of going there next summer (as long as things are better). We have had a positive experience with DVC rental store and would definitely book through them next time. It would be nice if they could credit our deposit so that we could use it next summer. Maybe they will revise their policy. Fingers crossed.

I am with DVC rental store as well. They are giving credits for reservations booked through May 31st per their website. I would expect that to continue hopefully :confused3 The tricky part I guess would be if Aulani is open but people aren’t going due to the 14 day quarantine.

I am with DVC rental store as well. They are giving credits for reservations booked through May 31st per their website. I would expect that to continue hopefully :confused3 The tricky part I guess would be if Aulani is open but people aren’t going due to the 14 day quarantine.
Yeah, that’s the hard part. We have a week to pay the rest of our balance and if we pay in full but Aulani is still closed, we will get credit. I seems unlikely that I will know the Aulani situation in one week though. And I’m afraid of paying the remaining balance and Aulani does open but with lots of restrictions on activities and such. Even if they are open and running, I don’t think I feel so comfortable taking my kids on a plane right now.

Yeah, that’s the hard part. We have a week to pay the rest of our balance and if we pay in full but Aulani is still closed, we will get credit. I seems unlikely that I will know the Aulani situation in one week though. And I’m afraid of paying the remaining balance and Aulani does open but with lots of restrictions on activities and such. Even if they are open and running, I don’t think I feel so comfortable taking my kids on a plane right now.

Hmm,,,hopefully they call me today. I need to find out more about the credit and how long it is good for. I live in Northern California so I could potentially use it at Disneyland. But given the uncertainty of everything I will probably just not pay my balance which means I am out my deposit.

Hmm,,,hopefully they call me today. I need to find out more about the credit and how long it is good for. I live in Northern California so I could potentially use it at Disneyland. But given the uncertainty of everything I will probably just not pay my balance which means I am out my deposit.
Same for us... I’m in So Cal and my balance due date is 5/23. I did get an email from DVC Store saying that they don’t know anything but will send an update a week prior to balance due date. So it sounds like they are trying to be proactive. But... since I haven’t bought plane tickets yet anyway, I will probably just skip the balance due and lose the deposit also

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!