Replacing Stolen DVDs

pwdebbie

DIS Veteran
My daughter's home was broken into last week. Only two things appear to have been taken -- their lockbox, which was found in a field, unopened and everything still in it, and their box of children's DVDs, which hasn't been found. I've been buying Disney DVDs for them for the last six years and I know they've received many from other people too. Makes me sad to think that someone would steal these from the kids. I gave my grandson Cars 2 for his birthday yesterday so they now have one Disney DVD, but it will take a long time to rebuild their library. (Oh, and I've got Tangled for my granddaughter for Christmas because this was her favorite movie.)

I thought that Disney Movie Rewards had a way to replace DVDs that had been registered, but I can't find anything on the website. Does anyone know if Disney offers something like this?

there should be a link inside the site that says registered dvd's. now this will only cover discs they have entered a code for.

i just checked and it's under my dmr

I just have to say that is rotten! Getting broken into is bad enough, but to take the DVDs? Might as well take the money the tooth fairy left too!

I hope you can get some help recovering them.

I just have to say that is rotten! Getting broken into is bad enough, but to take the DVDs? Might as well take the money the tooth fairy left too!

I hope you can get some help recovering them.

What they didn't take was the camcorder, camera, guitar. I think it had to be kids.

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately, they require you to return the DVD for replacement. I can understand that, otherwise tons of people would be ordering the DVDs at the lower price, so it makes sense. But since dd's DVDs have been stolen, there's nothing to return. Each request must be accompanied by the DVD needing replaced. Oh well. It was a good try!

What about the Disney Movie club? I looked into it but I always buy the DVDs when they come out and I always get a great deal with coupons so the movie club didnt work for us...

Also check Black Friday ads I think Walmart had a few Disney movies cheap.

And Amazon you can buy used.

Also check craigs list...they might try to sell them.

You can try eBay. sometimes the prices get a bit high but if you keep a good eye on the listings you can get good deals. A few of my Disney DVDs are from there, for a very low price.

What about the Disney Movie club? I looked into it but I always buy the DVDs when they come out and I always get a great deal with coupons so the movie club didnt work for us...

Also check Black Friday ads I think Walmart had a few Disney movies cheap.

And Amazon you can buy used.

Also check craigs list...they might try to sell them.

Most of the DVDs I bought for the grandchildren were through the Disney Movie Club. I packed up my DVD collection and took it over to their place so they can "borrow" them from Grammie until they get more of their own. I guess we will just slowly rebuild. (I'm thinking I might have to get Monsters Inc. back though because the two dgd's next door like to borrow that one every other month or so.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter