Replacing the Rocking roller coaster with Monster Inc ride

I think it is time for a change, Aerosmith is a good band but not a lot of people listen to them unless you were in your prime in the 80's. It would be good to go with a Disney theme.

I feel so old when i say this, but I think they should change Aerosmith theme, to a modern take on the Disney Vault 1997 intro. Where you board the car thats going to zoom through Disney classics, to your Featured Presentation. Keeping its Hollywood Studios vibe, but having it reinvented with modern technology. Just throwing it out there. lol

I love RnR as it is, but I would think a retheme will be necessary relatively soon. When I was a CM, we did cast member previews for a full day, lol. I rode it 10 times in a row before I finally felt a little woozy. I love the ride, but with the direction the park is taking, I would not object to a retheme. I would love to see something space themed, but I wonder if that would make it too comparable to Space Mountain theming wise. I wonder if they will do something after the new year once the acquisition of Fox is completed. I would love to see what they can do with new properties.

I think some people are overthinking the Aerosmith connection. My 8 year old rode this for the first time and loved the ride. She didn’t know the band and thought they were made up specifically for the ride (in the same way she knew the Hollywood Tower Hotel wasn’t really a hotel before the ride)

FWIW the ride is also themed to Aerosmith in Disneyland Paris too

I think some people are overthinking the Aerosmith connection. My 8 year old rode this for the first time and loved the ride. She didn’t know the band and thought they were made up specifically for the ride (in the same way she knew the Hollywood Tower Hotel wasn’t really a hotel before the ride)

FWIW the ride is also themed to Aerosmith in Disneyland Paris too

The music is loud and fun and that's what really matters for the concept. A big name rock band draws in the fans of the band, but the wide reaching style of the music keeps the others also showing up. Changing bands presents issues with fan range, and changing concepts presents issues with the coaster design. Aerosmith also really likes that the ride exists so they likely won't make it difficult to keep the deal workable for Disney.
Has it closed in Paris yet? It was becoming an Iron Man ride I thought but I didn't pay attention to the timeframe.

This is probably too outdated to be thought of by anyone but my generation but I would love to see a theme of Max trying to get to the Powerline concert from A Goofy Movie. They could even remake the movie to promote and make all my dreams come true! Ha!

This is probably too outdated to be thought of by anyone but my generation but I would love to see a theme of Max trying to get to the Powerline concert from A Goofy Movie. They could even remake the movie to promote and make all my dreams come true! Ha!
They did a Max/Powerline show in Paris for FanDaze recently.

I can’t even think of something Disney related to retheme the ride.

I like how it is. The most intense launch they have which means the movie would have to have something similar. I just can’t think of anything.

I wish they could I corprate like all the Disney villains into the ride and make it all darker with cool colors and images of the villains as you speed past. Something along those lines

As of now though Aerosmith works. I wouldn’t want a watered down weaker coaster and a monsters inc theme.

The music works with the ride.

I don’t mind them changing the theme but I rally hope they don’t change the ride. Still my favorite ride.

I can’t even think of something Disney related to retheme the ride.

I like how it is. The most intense launch they have which means the movie would have to have something similar. I just can’t think of anything.

I wish they could I corprate like all the Disney villains into the ride and make it all darker with cool colors and images of the villains as you speed past. Something along those lines

As of now though Aerosmith works. I wouldn’t want a watered down weaker coaster and a monsters inc theme.

The music works with the ride.

There's a few things they could do within their IP that would work. I know I've heard the Powerline reskin talk before, conceptually it's an easy switch. Something like an escape from the cave of wonders could also work but they'd probably have to go with a bunch of screens to really switch that over correctly. Switching it over to something more encompassing than a single band might also work pretty well and allow for track selection like Rockit does, say make it a music festival. Ultimately what it is now is probably the best use they'll get for the ride and if they choose to not continue with Aerosmith at some point, I'd prefer if they just built something new there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!