Replying to posts

amy1115

Mouseketeer
Help! I see people replying to only certain parts of another person's post without having to include the whole thing. How is this done?

In the bottom right of a post click on "quote" to add the quote to your reply.
upload_2018-7-25_14-6-27.png

Then to post reply you'll see on the left where it says to insert quotes.

upload_2018-7-25_14-7-10.png

Insert the quote, then delete the parts of it you don't want:

upload_2018-7-25_14-7-46.png

upload_2018-7-25_14-8-7.png

Help! I see people... How is this done?

Then type your response, and your post will look something like this.

If you want to respond to just one quote, click on "reply" instead of "quote." Your post will show up with the quoted post, and you can delete what you don't want to respond to. Be careful when you do that so that you don't change the context of the message (like what I did when quoting you).

n the bottom right of a post click on "quote" to add the quote to your reply.
upload_2018-7-25_14-6-27-png.339476

Then to post reply you'll see on the left where it says to insert quotes.

upload_2018-7-25_14-7-10-png.339477

Insert the quote, then delete the parts of it you don't want:
OR - just highlight the portion of the post that you want to quote and you'll get a button with "+Quote/Reply" button option. Just click on whether you're only replying to that one post (or comment within a post) or multi-quoting other comments.

I have done this several times, I highlight the part of the post I want to quote, I hit + quote, I go to my space to type, it says insert quote, I hit insert quote and it gives me the response to the quote, not the quote I highlighted. I'm highlighting what's in the original box, not the response to a quote. I see people responding to an original post all the time, then adding their comments underneath. Sometimes they are putting in several original posts to respond to, not the responses to those posts? What am I still doing wrong?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!