Report on Pixar Play Zone at Contemporary 5-12-18

Debating between this and Lilo’s Playhouse for our son while we do dinner. We are staying at Poly but dining at Contemporary so either location works. On one hand Lilo’s is closing so this will be our last time to utilize it... but on the other hand Pixar Play zone looks more his speed. Decisions decisions.

I definitely think you should do Pixar Play Zone..... just so you can give the rest of us a review!

My grandkids, a boy age 4 and two girls, ages 5 1/2, went to the Pixar Play Zone two nights ago. Their parents and my husband dropped them off around 5:00 (at least one person dropping off must be the same as picking up). They said the process was easy. The parents were eating at California Grill and then walking over to the HEA Dessert Party so the Pixar location was handy.

The kids had a long day so initially the parents wanted Papa to pick them up at 7:30. But the Pixar personnel suggested making it a bit later since the characters arrived at 7:45. So he went at 8:15 and the kids did not want to leave. Having Jessie and Woody come by had been a highlight but they loved everything...pizza dinner, crafts, games, etc.

The kids had been at Lilo’s Playhouse a few nights earlier just for a couple hours. It was super convenient since we are at Poly and the kids liked it but nothing like the enthusiasm they showed for Pixar.

The Pixar people explained that the purpose of both places are different. Lilo’s is child care, while Pixar is designed to provide an experience. Soon Lilo’s will not be an option but hopefully Disney will add more places like Pixar. The kids begged to go back again!

Thanks for the review! Our son will be five when we go so it’s encouraging to hear that it’s perfect for that age range :)

My grandkids, a boy age 4 and two girls, ages 5 1/2, went to the Pixar Play Zone two nights ago. Their parents and my husband dropped them off around 5:00 (at least one person dropping off must be the same as picking up). They said the process was easy. The parents were eating at California Grill and then walking over to the HEA Dessert Party so the Pixar location was handy.

The kids had a long day so initially the parents wanted Papa to pick them up at 7:30. But the Pixar personnel suggested making it a bit later since the characters arrived at 7:45. So he went at 8:15 and the kids did not want to leave. Having Jessie and Woody come by had been a highlight but they loved everything...pizza dinner, crafts, games, etc.

The kids had been at Lilo’s Playhouse a few nights earlier just for a couple hours. It was super convenient since we are at Poly and the kids liked it but nothing like the enthusiasm they showed for Pixar.

The Pixar people explained that the purpose of both places are different. Lilo’s is child care, while Pixar is designed to provide an experience. Soon Lilo’s will not be an option but hopefully Disney will add more places like Pixar. The kids begged to go back again!

Would you happen to know is photo pass photographers were there? It would be nice to be able to see pictures of their experiences.

Thank you for the review! We did both Sandcastle and Lilo's on our last trip and our 4 yr old talks about Lilo's all the time (he literally cried when I told him it was closing before our next trip in January :-( ). We look forward to trying Pixar, and hope for more options by the time we get there. We'll be staying at Poly, and are hoping for a VERY rare 'date night' while he's there. He'll be 5 by then, so it sounds about right.

Our kids age 9 and 11 did Sandcastle a few nights ago. It was the highlight of the trip for them, they loved it and are so sad it’s closing. We were able to leave them as late as midnight (they did not want to leave!), they did have characters and we got an AP discount. Sad they are closing. We were offered the Pixar, but not convenient as we were doing an evening in Epcot and staying at BC. Hope they expand to more options than just Contemporary

Our son (5) absolutely loved Pixar play zone. Parents don’t get to see much but I did get to check out the incredibles dance party and see that there’s a full arcade there as well. So cool they get one on one time with characters. We ordered our son chicken tenders for dinner but in typical difficult five year old fashion, once the food was served he asked for Mac and cheese. A CM called us to see if this was okay which was so sweet of them. We had a wonderful night out doing drinks around the monorail. Win win for everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!