Report that Stroller restrictions are coming.

If this is true then they could have opted for a separate security line for strollers, etc.
And then the stroller people would complain that they had to wait so long to get through the line with the number of strollers that enter the parks every day. I could see them having specific stroller lines with bars/bollards set up to the 31.5" width and front and back drop downs. If you couldn't pass through the bollards, the stroller wouldn't be permitted. If you fit through the bollards, but not with the front and back drop downs, the stroller wouldn't be permitted. And for the first few weeks they might offer to hold your stroller and give you a free Disney stroller for the day. They could even have the bollards set up right before you do the bag check.

I'd wish they would ban the jogging strollers with the single wheel in front that sticks way out. They might be ones that exceed the length of the stroller regs. But those things are dangerous in crowds because of that front wheel.

And then the stroller people would complain that they had to wait so long to get through the line with the number of strollers that enter the parks every day. I could see them having specific stroller lines with bars/bollards set up to the 31.5" width and front and back drop downs. If you couldn't pass through the bollards, the stroller wouldn't be permitted. If you fit through the bollards, but not with the front and back drop downs, the stroller wouldn't be permitted. And for the first few weeks they might offer to hold your stroller and give you a free Disney stroller for the day. They could even have the bollards set up right before you do the bag check.

I'd wish they would ban the jogging strollers with the single wheel in front that sticks way out. They might be ones that exceed the length of the stroller regs. But those things are dangerous in crowds because of that front wheel.

My suggestion for a separate stroller line is because of a situation I have encountered multiple times and one I am sure others have too. I get on the security line with a single, small crossover bag. My DH has a single small camera bag. We are a few people back and don't see that the person at the front of our line has enough stuff in the stroller to feed and clothe an army for a week. It took the poor guard quite a while to go through everything that family had and caused a long delay for the rest of us.

My suggestion for a separate stroller line is because of a situation I have encountered multiple times and one I am sure others have too. I get on the security line with a single, small crossover bag. My DH has a single small camera bag. We are a few people back and don't see that the person at the front of our line has enough stuff in the stroller to feed and clothe an army for a week. It took the poor guard quite a while to go through everything that family had and caused a long delay for the rest of us.

Not everyone with a stroller causes a long delay though. The only thing we put in the bottom of the stroller is a rain cover (and we stick sweatshirts in there after we take them off, if it’s chilly in the morning). Everything else goes in a small backpack that we carry in. I wager we bring less stuff than some people without strollers!

They do have a bagless line for those who wish to travel light.

Not everyone with a stroller causes a long delay though. The only thing we put in the bottom of the stroller is a rain cover (and we stick sweatshirts in there after we take them off, if it’s chilly in the morning). Everything else goes in a small backpack that we carry in. I wager we bring less stuff than some people without strollers!

They do have a bagless line for those who wish to travel light.

A bag-less line doesn't help those of us who travel with a small bag but I understand some stroller users travel light. Perhaps the separate line should be for people with more than one bag or oversized backpacks and large multicompartment bags.

Just remember that the city mini gt double is only 5 inches wider than the single version, so having the double (if plausible) is an excellent choice over 2 singles.

Not sure how they manage that but it works for us!

Just remember that the city mini gt double is only 5 inches wider than the single version, so having the double (if plausible) is an excellent choice over 2 singles.

That’s a good point they just always seem so large and difficult to maneuver. But I’ll definitely keep that in mind and consider it as I reevaluate the available options.

I'd disagree here a bit, having read the posts of people who defend their Keenz and having seen them in the parks just loaded with stuff.

People with money will spend money on this stuff for that kind of a reason, among others of course.

While I agree this is obnoxious, I think this speaks more to how terrible Disney transportation & Park re-entry has become. I think ppl pack 12 hours of stuff w/ them b/c it’s not worth a trip back to the room.

While I agree this is obnoxious, I think this speaks more to how terrible Disney transportation & Park re-entry has become. I think ppl pack 12 hours of stuff w/ them b/c it’s not worth a trip back to the room.

I haven't had many issues with Disney's transport that would cause me to carry a half a day's worth of food with us but do pick our hotel by how many versions of conveyance are available. It's not for nothing that the monorail and Epcot area hotels cost more.

The limit according to Len will be 31x52. I tried to find dimensions for the Keenz and i found 34x34x16 so it would still be within the limits if it wasn’t a wagon.
That's the box size.
The keenz strollers clearly fit within the requirements currently set by Disney.
Keenz is a wagon. The wagon ban is about to be enforced.

So for those that want to reduce congestion in the parks note; my single BOB is larger then the Keenz and my single city mini is same size as the keenz.
Your BOB and your City Mini are strollers and will continue to be allowed. The issue isn't just size.
Are glider boards that attach to the back of the stroller included in the new rules as not being allowed? (Still within in the length measurements)
Yes. They're not and can't be towed.

I haven't had many issues with Disney's transport that would cause me to carry a half a day's worth of food with us but do pick our hotel by how many versions of conveyance are available. It's not for nothing that the monorail and Epcot area hotels cost more.
We always stay monorail for this reason, but I understand that not everyone can afford this. I’m glad to see the oversized strollers & wagons go, but I do believe it’s become more & more of a thing b/c transportation keeps getting less efficient.

If this is true then they could have opted for a separate security line for strollers, etc.

Strollers go through the bagless line, if it's just the stroller.

Last year I would send my husband/FIL through the bagless line with the stroller and my daughter. MIL and I would carry the bags.

You can get the really simple umbrella strollers that are only 6.75" in width and that includes the frame and wheels (you might even be able to get them narrower than that I just looked up one for reference point).

I think it's completely possible for an additional seat to be there and it only add 5inches to a double stroller. It's really only the seat and perhaps a tiny part in the middle as a divider being added maybe each seat is slightly narrower than a single though. A frame and wheels will be there no matter what.

You can get the really simple umbrella strollers that are only 6.75" in width and that includes the frame and wheels (you might even be able to get them narrower than that I just looked up one for reference point).

I think it's completely possible for an additional seat to be there and it only add 5inches to a double stroller. It's really only the seat and perhaps a tiny part in the middle as a divider being added maybe each seat is slightly narrower than a single though. A frame and wheels will be there no matter what.

Are you sure about 6.75"? My 3yo's backside is wide than that. Maybe that's the folded dimensions?

I think it’s more like 15.25 wide. There is another one target sells that has similar folded dimensions and is that wide. That would at least make since for one of those tiny umbrella strollers.

I think it’s more like 15.25 wide. There is another one target sells that has similar folded dimensions and is that wide. That would at least make since for one of those tiny umbrella strollers.
Could be all I'm going by is the product description. Would seem strange for sure though to be listed as 6.75" but really be more than twice that but again product descriptions aren't always right lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter