Report that Stroller restrictions are coming.

It has to be a typo. The collapsed width is only 0.75 inch more narrow than the fully open stroller. My guess would be that it is 16.75” in width.
Could be. Multiple sites reported the smaller than expected width.

Really didn't think this would spin off into "check the dimensions" discussion :rotfl:The PP had spoken about getting a double that was just 5inches wider than a single. Was just bouncing off that as a comment it wasn't meant to discuss the ins and outs of this one particular stroller I had found :rotfl2:

In either case the simple umbrella stroller is clearly within the guidelines even the updated ones if anyone is wondering ;)

Maybe it is a tiny stroller for a doll house. I'm sure some of you have seen those What I Ordered, What I Got pics??
No it's not for a tiny stroller for a doll house lol. But that would for sure suck if that's what someone got.

I'm leaning towards a typo but really I don't care at this point. The point of the post got lost long ago with the back and forth discussion on what this one stroller is :lmao:

That’s a good point they just always seem so large and difficult to maneuver. But I’ll definitely keep that in mind and consider it as I reevaluate the available options.

we have the city mini double and it's so easy to push and maneuver. we can turn with one hand. It's easier to get around than our single valco.
Strollers go through the bagless line, if it's just the stroller.

Last year I would send my husband/FIL through the bagless line with the stroller and my daughter. MIL and I would carry the bags.

yes we did this too.

No it's not for a tiny stroller for a doll house lol. But that would for sure suck if that's what someone got.

I'm leaning towards a typo but really I don't care at this point. The point of the post got lost long ago with the back and forth discussion on what this one stroller is :lmao:

Your right it is a stroller for a human - I found the stroller on targets website :) its a fairly standard umbrella stroller... and yes it will 100 percent fit within the guidelines set by Disney!

I do find it interesting that the city mini double is only 5 inches bigger than the single. They must give kids more room in the seats for the single then for the double not sure why they do that but it’s the only thing I can figure because from this conversation I believe we can all agree that even a one year old needs more then 6 inches of seat space... although when I pick my 18 month old up from daycare I now have the urge to measure his width :rotfl:

Your right it is a stroller for a human - I found the stroller on targets website :) its a fairly standard umbrella stroller... and yes it will 100 percent fit within the guidelines set by Disney!

I do find it interesting that the city mini double is only 5 inches bigger than the single. They must give kids more room in the seats for the single then for the double not sure why they do that but it’s the only thing I can figure because from this conversation I believe we can all agree that even a one year old needs more then 6 inches of seat space... although when I pick my 18 month old up from daycare I now have the urge to measure his width :rotfl:
:rotfl2: You can just people if they ask what you are doing "well someone on the internet said"... :rotfl:

The new restrictions prompted me to buy a ZOE double stroller. It arrived today! I can't wait to try it out at Disney with the kiddos. Not gonna lie the seats look pretty narrow (as apparently is the case with many side by side strollers). Then again it's only 16 pounds!

Attachments

• IMG_9742-e1495635237385-600x600.jpg
    IMG_9742-e1495635237385-600x600.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 30

As has been said a few times, the wagon policy has always been in effect its just customers were able to argue that the Keenz and the like were classed as 'strollers' as they folded and had seats in. Not sure how or why this was a workaround but I know that is the argument that everyone I know that has one took... and obviously its worked! lol

The new dimensions are basically cater for the vast majority of functional Double strollers such as the City Mini GT double:

44"L x 29.5"W x 30-43.5"H

Disney's new regulations:
52"L x 31"W

So the City mini series of double strollers will be easily accommodated, in fact most of the BOB double strollers will fit too. Even the larger Baby Trend Expedition style strollers fit comfortably in the new rules. I wonder if the new rules were to prevent some of the 'triple' strollers or the really long sit and stand style strollers? As above, I can't see many of the major brands being impacted by this other than the opulent carriage style strollers... but i'm sure they will just modify their design.

Not really sure why people are so upset by the brands or stroller being used. Implying they are status symbols is no different than someone suggesting the same about the shoes or clothing brands people choose to wear in the parks. I'm also really surprised by how many people spend an inordinate amount of time focused on other peoples decisions instead of enjoying their own experiences. Always expect good intentions and be the change you wish to see in the world! ;o)
May I ask where you're seeing that the Baby Trend doubles fit within the new guidelines? We bought one specifically for our upcoming trip before this was announced and as far as we can tell (could be measuring wrong) we're 1.5 inches over. We had the sit n stand last year and it was horrible trying to push that thing around. I'm super bummed and my husband does not want to spend $300 plus on a stroller that will most likely only be needed on this trip. (we don't like to rent because we like to have it at the airport as well).

May I ask where you're seeing that the Baby Trend doubles fit within the new guidelines? We bought one specifically for our upcoming trip before this was announced and as far as we can tell (could be measuring wrong) we're 1.5 inches over. We had the sit n stand last year and it was horrible trying to push that thing around. I'm super bummed and my husband does not want to spend $300 plus on a stroller that will most likely only be needed on this trip. (we don't like to rent because we like to have it at the airport as well).

It's hard to say without knowing the exact model, but I looked at 3 Baby Trend Jogging Strollers, on their website, and not 1 was within the guidelines. I'm so sorry, I really hope you haven't opened it yet.

We don't need a double stroller, yet, but it seems to be slim pickings if you want a double jogger that meets the new guidelines. I think someone up thread said that Baby Jogger is too big. Thule doubles are also too big. Bob is within the guidelines, but I don't know if I'll buy from them in the future (we have a single) because I've recently learned they've been evading a recall over the front wheel of their older model falling off for YEARS (not our model). It didn't give me a lot of confidence in the quality of Britax's products.

It's hard to say without knowing the exact model, but I looked at 3 Baby Trend Jogging Strollers, on their website, and not 1 was within the guidelines. I'm so sorry, I really hope you haven't opened it yet.

We don't need a double stroller, yet, but it seems to be slim pickings if you want a double jogger that meets the new guidelines. I think someone up thread said that Baby Jogger is too big. Thule doubles are also too big. Bob is within the guidelines, but I don't know if I'll buy from them in the future (we have a single) because I've recently learned they've been evading a recall over the front wheel of their older model falling off for YEARS (not our model). It didn't give me a lot of confidence in the quality of Britax's products.

Thanks! Unfortunately we bought a used one so unable to return it. I'm trying to find a decent priced one of the few that fit in the guidelines, but that's not looking good. It's a bit aggravating that Disney states most fit in the guidelines and I've only found to brands so far, both of which being $300+ brand new. I was hoping to not rent one so we could also have it for the airport, but it's not looking good.

My husband just wants to risk it and if they say something then rent their, but I think it would possibly cost more in the long run. Keeping my fingers crossed that when May rolls around Disney tweaks the rules slightly.

In the context of the previous poster's comments it sounds like they are speaking about a Double Stroller.

However, looking up the Expedition model the previous poster mentioned in the double it is 31 1/2inches wide. That would be over the allowed width of 31" and no I personally wouldn't recommend going with that stroller even if it's close to the width. I wouldn't want the stress or worry of bringing the stroller only to have the remote chance it being turned away. Too much worry for my trip. Sounds like your Baby Trend Double in particular is one of the slightly bigger models I saw that were 32 1/2inches wide.

Single version of the Expedition is well within the width though.

It's a bit aggravating that Disney states most fit in the guidelines and I've only found to brands so far, both of which being $300+ brand new.
I truly think most do. I think the issue is before you didn't probably think to look. The 36 inch rule prior probably wasn't looked at by most people but by chance their strollers probably fit. Now with a reduction in 5 inches it's more about paying closer attention to the dimensions. Jogging strollers are just wider anyways. I still believe you can find double jogging strollers that are within the guidelines but it may be sifting through more of them than you would with the non-jogging strollers.

Keeping my fingers crossed that when May rolls around Disney tweaks the rules slightly.
I would probably just go in with thinking it won't change. I know you hope to but it may make it easier to not get upset if it turns out they stay firm on the 31 inch.

Since you can't return the one you just bought you may consider selling it yourself and maybe recouping at least some of the costs or if you're inclined to use it yourself for other purposes you could but like I said I wouldn't chance it personally and try and use it for the park. You could hold onto it for a while though see if something changes.

My husband just wants to risk it and if they say something then rent their, but I think it would possibly cost more in the long run. Keeping my fingers crossed that when May rolls around Disney tweaks the rules slightly.

I would not count on any tweaks in May. If he is willing to lug the stroller there and risk being turned away at the gate, that’s one option. Sounds like a potentially stressful way to begin the fun. In-park rentals are $31/day or $27/day for a length-of-stay rental. And you wouldn't have use back to your room with tired little ones. Nobody knows yet if WDW will store strollers or make you take it back to your car/room.

I would sell the one you have, and rent from offsite. Especially if you have no need for a stroller after this trip.

Enjoy your vacation!

We have a single bob(obviously fits), a double bob(fits by just .5 in width) and a City Select Double Tandem. Which fits in the guidelines as well. I looked at a LOT of very popular double jogging strollers on Amazon because of these new rules and A LOT of then are 31.5 or 32 or 32.5. We only bring the city select to disney as we prefer a tandem in the crowds so no worries on our end, but Im VERY curious to see how hard the enforce the .5, 1.0. or 1.5 inch overages on some very popular jogging strollers.

Last edited:
We have a single bob(obviously fits), a double bob(fits by just .5 in width) and a City Select Double Tandem. Which fits in the guidelines as well. I looked at a LOT of very popular double jogging strollers on Amazon because of these new rules and A LOT of then are 31.5 or 32 or 32.5. We only bring the city select to disney as we prefer a tandem in the crowds so no worries on our end, but Im VERY curious to see how hard the infoce the .5, 1.0. or 1.5 inch overages on some very popular jogging strollers.
Well, if they measure the strollers like they measure kids trying to show they are tall enough to ride, the 1/2" will keep that stroller out of the park.

Well, if they measure the strollers like they measure kids trying to show they are tall enough to ride, the 1/2" will keep that stroller out of the park.

Yeah thats the thing Im doubtful of them doing. We will know soon though!

Last edited:
In the context of the previous poster's comments it sounds like they are speaking about a Double Stroller.

However, looking up the Expedition model the previous poster mentioned in the double it is 31 1/2inches wide. That would be over the allowed width of 31" and no I personally wouldn't recommend going with that stroller even if it's close to the width. I wouldn't want the stress or worry of bringing the stroller only to have the remote chance it being turned away. Too much worry for my trip. Sounds like your Baby Trend Double in particular is one of the slightly bigger models I saw that were 32 1/2inches wide.

Single version of the Expedition is well within the width though.

I truly think most do. I think the issue is before you didn't probably think to look. The 36 inch rule prior probably wasn't looked at by most people but by chance their strollers probably fit. Now with a reduction in 5 inches it's more about paying closer attention to the dimensions. Jogging strollers are just wider anyways. I still believe you can find double jogging strollers that are within the guidelines but it may be sifting through more of them than you would with the non-jogging strollers.

I would probably just go in with thinking it won't change. I know you hope to but it may make it easier to not get upset if it turns out they stay firm on the 31 inch.

Since you can't return the one you just bought you may consider selling it yourself and maybe recouping at least some of the costs or if you're inclined to use it yourself for other purposes you could but like I said I wouldn't chance it personally and try and use it for the park. You could hold onto it for a while though see if something changes.

I wanted to look into finding another right away, but my husband needed convincing. He finally agrees (or I just wore him down lol) so I'm looking into other options even if it's a side by side umbrella stroller. Hoping we find something reasonable. The jogging strollers are nice because they offer more storage and are typically easier to move around people. Not that I dont get the annoyance that giant strollers are. I wish I didnt have to push one around!

Thanks! Unfortunately we bought a used one so unable to return it. I'm trying to find a decent priced one of the few that fit in the guidelines, but that's not looking good. It's a bit aggravating that Disney states most fit in the guidelines and I've only found to brands so far, both of which being $300+ brand new. I was hoping to not rent one so we could also have it for the airport, but it's not looking good.

That's too bad that returning isn't an option. It is still functional if you take trips to places like the zoo or other theme parks that aren't quite so strict.

I wanted to look into finding another right away, but my husband needed convincing. He finally agrees (or I just wore him down lol) so I'm looking into other options even if it's a side by side umbrella stroller. Hoping we find something reasonable. The jogging strollers are nice because they offer more storage and are typically easier to move around people. Not that I dont get the annoyance that giant strollers are. I wish I didnt have to push one around!

I hope you find a good solution for your family!

We have a trip coming up in August with my 2 kids who will be 2 and 5.5 years old. Given their ages, I was planning to use our double stroller this one last time and then ditch it once we got home. Of course, it measures exactly 31" across. Would you chance it? I really don't want to buy a new double with an almost 6 year old (not planning to have more kids). I've thought about getting one of those rider boards to add to our single stroller but I'm worried that in August it will be so hot that the older one will want to sit down and be in the shade.

We have a trip coming up in August with my 2 kids who will be 2 and 5.5 years old. Given their ages, I was planning to use our double stroller this one last time and then ditch it once we got home. Of course, it measures exactly 31" across. Would you chance it? I really don't want to buy a new double with an almost 6 year old (not planning to have more kids). I've thought about getting one of those rider boards to add to our single stroller but I'm worried that in August it will be so hot that the older one will want to sit down and be in the shade.

No one knows yet, but I honestly don't think they will be turning away double strollers for .5 difference. If that's what I owned and it was almost time to retire it as opposed to buying a new one for basically no reason would I chance it? Yes.

I would just wait and see. The updated requirements go into effect May 1 so by the end of June you would have a decent amount of data from others that are going as to how this is handled (ie are the measuring strollers that are close, etc.). Until we see how they are handling this come the end of June there is just no telling how they will handle a stroller that is just within the requirements (and for the record I’d like to assume that because it’s within or at the limit it would be fine, but we just won’t know until they start implementing this)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter