Report that Stroller restrictions are coming.

I would just wait and see. The updated requirements go into effect May 1 so by the end of June you would have a decent amount of data from others that are going as to how this is handled (ie are the measuring strollers that are close, etc.). Until we see how they are handling this come the end of June there is just no telling how they will handle a stroller that is just within the requirements (and for the record I’d like to assume that because it’s within or at the limit it would be fine, but we just won’t know until they start implementing this)...

Good points. I'll keep an eye on this forum and hopefully people who visit sooner will chime in!

We have a trip coming up in August with my 2 kids who will be 2 and 5.5 years old. Given their ages, I was planning to use our double stroller this one last time and then ditch it once we got home. Of course, it measures exactly 31" across. Would you chance it? I really don't want to buy a new double with an almost 6 year old (not planning to have more kids). I've thought about getting one of those rider boards to add to our single stroller but I'm worried that in August it will be so hot that the older one will want to sit down and be in the shade.

Is it possible for you to find a product page or manual that lists the dimensions of your stroller?

It’s not a guarantee, but it might help.

We saw two of these at Magic Kingdom this week. I agree that the Keenz wagons are too big, but these carriages are on a whole other level of ridiculous. I hope they're banned, too. https://www.fantasystrollers.com/co...e-rentals/products/princess-carriage-stroller
As beautiful and cool as they are, they should also be banned. I imagine that they are pretty rare though, so maybe they let it slide. Would surely bum out a little princess in her carriage that she was denied entry to the Magic Kingdom.

As beautiful and cool as they are, they should also be banned. I imagine that they are pretty rare though, so maybe they let it slide. Would surely bum out a little princess in her carriage that she was denied entry to the Magic Kingdom.

They do look amazing. My girls were oohing and aahing over them. I've never seen them in the parks before but we saw two of them on the same day at MK. And again, at the same time, they are SO big. And completely impractical. I'm not sure how Disney would be able to justify allowing these but then restricting other strollers.

They do look amazing. My girls were oohing and aahing over them. I've never seen them in the parks before but we saw two of them on the same day at MK. And again, at the same time, they are SO big. And completely impractical. I'm not sure how Disney would be able to justify allowing these but then restricting other strollers.
I wonder what the plans are for when strollers are not permitted and people were unaware. Do they give them a one time pass? Not sure how they could do this though. Maybe they will have an area where strollers can be stored for the day? I would hope that security at resorts/TTC monorails and bus drivers would tell people with oversized strollers that they won't be allowed in the park. Sure to ruin a morning to have to haul the stroller back and then come back to the park.

I wonder what the plans are for when strollers are not permitted and people were unaware. Do they give them a one time pass? Not sure how they could do this though. Maybe they will have an area where strollers can be stored for the day? I would hope that security at resorts/TTC monorails and bus drivers would tell people with oversized strollers that they won't be allowed in the park. Sure to ruin a morning to have to haul the stroller back and then come back to the park.
I read that they are going to give them a park stroller for the day for free, and store the oversized stroller for them.

That company is charging $100 a day for rental. I would hope they would also be responsible enough to not rent them out if they do end up banned. I can only imagine the frustration of parent and kids arriving in a big carriage only to be turned away.

On that note, I bet cast members will let some things slide. Just look at how many dogs you see in the parks and you know they aren't service animals.

That company is charging $100 a day for rental. I would hope they would also be responsible enough to not rent them out if they do end up banned. I can only imagine the frustration of parent and kids arriving in a big carriage only to be turned away.

On that note, I bet cast members will let some things slide. Just look at how many dogs you see in the parks and you know they aren't service animals.
Would be tough to see a little girl dressed as Cinderella in one of those things and to tell her she can't come in. I wouldn't wanna do it! Haha

I do wonder if keenz owners/renters will be upset:

This is from that link above "A wagon-style conveyance can be pulled, therefore our strollers are not wagons. They are equipped with a seat on both ends like many tandem strollers, but can only be pushed, not pulled like a wagon."

That's the exact argument keenz owners/renters made. At least though the Fantasy Strollers look more like strollers when the keenz looked exactly like a wagon.

Dogs and strollers are like apples and oranges, though. They can only legally ask certain questions about the dogs, and I’m sure they know that some will lie to get their dog into the park.

Acceptable stroller size isn’t a legal issue. It’s Disney’s own policy and I assume they will be treated like any other banned item.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I read on a Disney site that those Princess fantasy carriages were mostly used by Make a Wish Children? Wonder if this is true?

I do wonder if keenz owners/renters will be upset:

This is from that link above "A wagon-style conveyance can be pulled, therefore our strollers are not wagons. They are equipped with a seat on both ends like many tandem strollers, but can only be pushed, not pulled like a wagon."

That's the exact argument keenz owners/renters made. At least though the Fantasy Strollers look more like strollers when the keenz looked exactly like a wagon.

That was my exact thought when I read it. That was the same argument for Keenz. Although they are just wagons that are pushed vs pulled.

The “service dog” issue is a whole other kind of problem. People lie all the time, but they cannot be asked to prove that the animal is a service dog - there are laws regarding it. Not the same, really. But it’s an issue that really makes me upset.

Can anyone confirm that city select in double mode does or does not fit? It seemed to right on the length edge with mixed information about wether or not they would fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!