Repost: Tips/suggestions for Disney w/6 month old?

CherylA

DIS Veteran
I posted a few days ago and got some great responses but all was lost in the down
time of the boards. I had mentioned we would be bringing a travel system which I
actually got quite a few responses about in itself. Due to all the recomendations
against them I have done further research and I think I have changed my mind
on the travel system and will be buying a fully reclining combi stroller which weighs
15 lbs and has a bar to convert to hold an infant carrier. So any other suggestions
about traveling with a 6 month old? We will be going the week after Thanksgiving
2002 and staying at a studio at the BWV.

Thanks Again,
Cheryl

Both our children's first Disney trips were between 6-7mos. of age. At that age, you really can't expect them to have a whole lot of stamina for the parks. But they do enjoy being in the stroller and seeing some attractions like It's a Small World.

I would definitely suggest checking out and using the Baby Care Stations in each of the parks. They are a wonderful resource and a restful spot to change, feed, or just take care of your baby.

Something we found useful to have was a "windsuit". It's lightweight, can be rolled up and not take up much space in the diaper bag, and is handy when the weather starts getting cooler or windier.

Hope this helps!

Sharon

If you don't have one get a sling. Even if you use a stroller most of the time, the sling will come in very handy for those rides where you can't take your stroller through most of them (most MK and Epcot rides) and for holding your baby while on rides. It was great on AK's Safari as my baby was secure against me and I didn't have to worry about him being jostled. You don't think your baby weighs much until you hold him for 45 minutes. Also some babies and toddlers can be overwhelmed with WDW. Although they enjoy their stroller at the mall or around town, the parks can be very overwhelming! They may want to be held more or nurse more and that is easier to do with a sling. We've slung our kids all through the parks and I'm kind of sad that I dont' have anyone to sling this trip!

:earsgirl:
7 days and counting!!!

Our first WDW trip with our kids was when our DS was 4 and DD was 6 mos. (that was 6 years ago) I have great memories of her kissing CHip and Dale at the Chef Mickey's breakfast and pictures of her and Minnie.

We stayed at the Contemporary because with DS we did mainly MK and Epcot and went back for afternoon naps each day. We used a stroller and a snugli (I think) to carry her.

I did use the Baby Stations a few times when I forgot something and they were great (even 6 years ago!)

Just remember to keep it at their pace, but they can enjoy the bright lights and the characters even at that age!

Enjoy and take lots of pictures!

Our son's first trip was at 6 months and we cannot agree more with the baby stations - use them they are a blessing.

I agree with the sling another great idea.

Remember that at this age they will do and go wher eyou want - enjoy them. I waited 14 yrs of marriage to have a child and be able to take him to WDW - it was a great trip for me.

He loved to feel the characters on that trip. The different textures and furs and colors really were interesting for him.

He rode everything we could get him on.

:pinkbounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter