Reposting clipart primer

Dan Murphy

We are family.
I think the other one has been archived and not accessible now.

Let's review:

A CLIPART PRIMER FROM DAN

Clipart does help you express your feelings and sometimes evoke a smile, or a tear, from the reader/viewer.:) I have received many requests for How to do it. So I thought I would post this on several of the boards. Hope it helps, have fun, but please remember, it is generally very confusing and therefore frustrating until you get it, but you eventually will. So here it is:

Go to a site, (this seems to be a favorite) and pick out a picture you want. http://www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/index.htm :faint: :teeth:
  1. Pick a picture
  2. Right mouse click on it
  3. Go to properties
  4. Highlight address url. Right click again and select copy. Place pointer over the highlighted part and then left click on copy. Make sure to copy from the http at the beginning, all the way to the end
  5. Copy address
  6. Come back to your post
  7. Type [/b]
    [*]Paste the address with no space between the [b][img][/b] and the [b]http[/b] in the address
    [*]Type [b]
    immediately after the full url address
  8. Click submit

Steps 3, 4 and 5 are for Internet Explorer users. Netscape users accomplish the same by a single click on copy image location. Then continue with step 6.

It should show up on post

Now if that works, go to your Edit Signature in the User Cp and put exactly the same thing in the signature box..

If it is not, keep at it. That is all I can say
It will come to you, as frustrating as it may be, trust me.
:)

PS......Any references I have in this thread that show up as a &#60, please make those four characters now a < and any reference to a &#91 please make those four characters a [. Hope that is clear. A change in the board changed the way those codes show up. So, again, a &#60 is now < and a &#91 is now a [

And another PS.........

Any references here to either < or >, forget them, they don't work. You can only use [ or ]

You might also consider saving clipart that you find to you own PC and then uploading and linking to a site of your own. You most often can right mouse click on an image and select the 'Save Target As' (or similar) option to save to your PC. Then, after setting up a hosting site of your own on the Net (many folks here use www.photobucket.com with great results), you can upload that saved image to your own site. Once there, you can link to it as above. Actually, if you use the site mentioned Photobucket, they set up all that IMG code stuff for you, making it just a simple highlight/copy/paste.

Thanx muchly!

Now that I have learned this,
is there an easy primer to resize a pix? ;)

OK think this has it.
Just had to find someone that would let me throw a jpg up on their site.
Thanx
Cheers,
Grumbo

I was able to insert a picture but how do you insert multiple ones side by side?

Also, can you insert a picture under your location and title?

Thanks.

IMAG0003.GIF
[/IMG]

ok-it is me again. I put this in here and it works. I put under signature and nothing changes!:confused: The appears on the first line and the rest of the address on the next 2 lines. I can't get the h to connect to the ]. Is that the problem?:confused:

[img]http://www.multimediapalace.com/flags/u/us-flag1.gif

Im trying to post a 2nd picture to my signature. The first one went good but the 2nd one is in my pictures folder on my pc. when I highlight the url....well, there is no url. there is a location and when I highlight that and copy and paste to the signature it doesnt work. What am I doing wrong? do I have to change the location of the pic? move it to some other folder on my pc? would that even make a difference?
Kim

test again

YEA!!! Dan is great....give him chocolate cake!!!!!!!

Bambi Tamby ~
Thanks muchly for the link :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter