Reprice your flight

Disney_Fan_01

Mouseketeer
For those traveling in the next few months on AA, it is worth an exercise to reprice your flight and see if there is a difference. I believe the flight prices have dropped recently. I called AA customer service and received a $284/per person voucher for our direct flight from DFW. It took 5 minutes once I got hold of someone at costumer service. We intend to use the voucher for a Disney world trip later this Fall :)

Just checked mine and the flights have actually gone up in cost, so no luck for me.

Is reprice available now because of the relaxed change and cancellation policies?

I haven't tried this with Delta so I would be interested to see if anyone has had success with this with Delta. I frequently do this with Southwest.

Just checked mine and the flights have actually gone up in cost, so no luck for me.

Is reprice available now because of the relaxed change and cancellation policies?
I don’t think they will offer a refund, but a travel voucher that expires 12 months from ticket issue date is what they are currently doing. The voucher needs to be used for a new booking that can happen after the expiration date, but the booking needs to take place before expiry. I hope that makes sense.

I've re-priced Southwest flights 3-4 times since there are no change fees. Sometimes I got a cash back to VISA, but most of the time it is a credit for a future flight. Unfortunately this requires checking prices every single day since prices can change by the minute.

-Paul

I've re-priced Southwest flights 3-4 times since there are no change fees. Sometimes I got a cash back to VISA, but most of the time it is a credit for a future flight. Unfortunately this requires checking prices every single day since prices can change by the minute.

-Paul

You've gotten cash back from Southwest? We use a Southwest Visa. I'm playing the airfare waiting game right now and if I knew I could get cash back and not just a credit, I'd go ahead and purchase!

Our trip went up by $636.00 from when I booked it in Oct. Well, I used a voucher from our original trip scheduled for 2020, so not sure they would give me anything back even if it DID go down. But thank you for bringing this up!

For folks on Southwest, also note that if your flight time changes, even by a little bit, they often let you rebook at no additional cost to another flight within 48 hours. I recently had a flight time moved by 30 minutes, and that allowed me to switch from a late night flight to a morning one that was twice the price, without having to pay another penny. I love Southwest.

I haven't tried this with Delta so I would be interested to see if anyone has had success with this with Delta. I frequently do this with Southwest.

I have done this several times with Delta over the years whenever there was a sizable price drop for the ticket I had purchased. I always book my flights as soon as my travel window is available. After that, I continue to recheck the prices to see if there is a significant drop in price. Now that there are no change fees, you will have to decide what your threshold will be for rebooking your ticket. You just have to call customer service and tell them that the ticket price has dropped and you want to rebook at the cheaper price. They will rebook your ticket and put a travel voucher for the difference in your account. You will not get a refund to your credit card for the difference. It helps when you call to give them the new flight that you want.

I have done this several times with Delta over the years whenever there was a sizable price drop for the ticket I had purchased. I always book my flights as soon as my travel window is available. After that, I continue to recheck the prices to see if there is a significant drop in price. Now that there are no change fees, you will have to decide what your threshold will be for rebooking your ticket. You just have to call customer service and tell them that the ticket price has dropped and you want to rebook at the cheaper price. They will rebook your ticket and put a travel voucher for the difference in your account. You will not get a refund to your credit card for the difference. It helps when you call to give them the new flight that you want.
Good to know. I will try that as I just booked a trip to LAX for the end of the year and I am willing to bet that price fluctuates.

For folks on Southwest, also note that if your flight time changes, even by a little bit, they often let you rebook at no additional cost to another flight within 48 hours. I recently had a flight time moved by 30 minutes, and that allowed me to switch from a late night flight to a morning one that was twice the price, without having to pay another penny. I love Southwest.
Yep, that's what we did. We are flying Alabama to Honolulu for under $700 a piece! That includes flights to and from San Diego, where we have to overnight, and from San Diego to HNL...

We're flying southwest and the price seems to be changing daily. My trouble now is remembering my price now since I've changed it so many times.

Cash back from Southwest is complicated and depends on your fare basis. If your first booking is at the top fare level, you might get cash back on your VISA. Rebooking usually puts you into a lower fare basis and subsequent rebooking only get a credit on future flights.

I've checked Southwest fares at work and found a lower price, but decided to wait until I got home to do all the paperwork. By the time I got home, the price had changed again. Rats!

-Paul

For those traveling in the next few months on AA, it is worth an exercise to reprice your flight and see if there is a difference. I believe the flight prices have dropped recently. I called AA customer service and received a $284/per person voucher for our direct flight from DFW. It took 5 minutes once I got hold of someone at costumer service. We intend to use the voucher for a Disney world trip later this Fall :)

I have done this in the past during this COVID ticket flexibility. One thing to be aware (and I cant locate it on the AA website right now), is you can make a change once without penalty. I believe after that it would be subject to rebooking fees. So I personally wouldn't do it for $50 of savings, if it meant I would be subject to penalty for cancellation. I may have my facts wrong, so just a word to the wise to double check.

I have done this in the past during this COVID ticket flexibility. One thing to be aware (and I cant locate it on the AA website right now), is you can make a change once without penalty. I believe after that it would be subject to rebooking fees. So I personally wouldn't do it for $50 of savings, if it meant I would be subject to penalty for cancellation. I may have my facts wrong, so just a word to the wise to double check.
I think you are correct. You can only make one “free” change on AA (which is still a vast improvement from their prior policy of a $200 change fee IF they even let you get a flight credit if you changed your flight or cancelled it). I will have to try to find the reference on AA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter