Requesting specific area on Flight of Passage?

I made a thread about blurriness on FOP recently. We've ridden it around 10 times - incredible experience every time. Crystal clear picture. Until our trip a couple of weeks ago. We (son and I) were sitting on the far right of the room. It was blurry, almost like when you watch 3D without 3D glasses, although not nearly that severe. Really put a damper on our experience. I still wonder if our seats had anything to do with it, but I didn't pay attention to where we were placed. I can't even remember if we went up one flight of stairs or two, etc- I never thought it mattered so I paid zero attention!

If it's your first time riding, I don't think it matters. So much is going on you will not be able to notice your seat position. I've ridden it 3x, first time I missed a lot because it was so intense. The ending happened and my brain had to catch up. Guess I'm old.

Doesn’t your seat correspond with the number you stand on in the pre-show? If so, that would be the place to choose your seat. Figure out which #s are which seats and make sure you get that number.

Doesn’t your seat correspond with the number you stand on in the pre-show? If so, that would be the place to choose your seat. Figure out which #s are which seats and make sure you get that number.

Both times that I rode it, your number was assigned to you by a CM when you entered the room. You couldn't choose your number. I'm sure this is to keep things flowing quickly since it's a very popular ride.

I'm not sure what would happen if you told the CM "No, I want number x." You might be told they can't accommodate special requests. The problem is if you take a number that's already assigned to someone else, what if that person doesn't want to trade their position? And it seemed to me that the CMs were careful to only have 16 people advance at a time; a rider refusing their assigned position would gum up the works since the next group could only have 15 people in it to accommodate the request.

Thank you for the input. I'm not going to worry about it and just enjoy the ride. Everyone raves about it so much--my biggest problem might be trying to figure out how to ride it a second time!

How do you know how high you are by the level you are on? I only rode one time. The next time we go I will have someone afraid of heights.

One thing that *will* impact your experience is how you look around the scenes - strongly recommend turning your whole head, and not just moving your eyes, so that you're always looking through the *center* of your glasses.
And do look around - interesting little things to see apart from what's right in the middle of your view.

My #1 suggestion.::yes:: You have to move your whole head. If you just move your eyes you might get woozy or blurs. Have sat everywhere, looked everywhere even backwards and tested the eye vs head. No bad seats.

My #1 suggestion.::yes:: You have to move your whole head. If you just move your eyes you might get woozy or blurs. Have sat everywhere, looked everywhere even backwards and tested the eye vs head. No bad seats.
Okay, I'll take the bait - how's the view looking backward?

d look back wars every time I go on and it is kind of cool seeing the room you are in move up and down and the cubby you put your things in disappear every now and then

Terrifying and that is why you are locked in so tight. The floor goes up and down with gaps as much as about 2 feet. When you walk in if you look down about a foot from cubby wall there is a "stripe" which is where the floor breaks away. It drops below and you can see right through. Your stuff is high up in the cubby so that your stuff doesn't slide away into the abyss.

We rode first time during AP Preview. I was very concerned about DS1 who is disabled. He can get out of many restraints if scared and my fear was the height and him feeling like he was going to fall forward. DS2 and I sat on either side ready to grab him if he panicked. Because I was so concerned I spent the first ride (we did it several times) looking at him and EVERYWHERE around me. The rear view was quite the surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter