Requests for dedicated speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora0427

DIS Veteran
Reminder, everyone: Please do not use this thread to discuss what you think Disney might do with reopening the parks or how that might look. There are other threads on other boards for those discussions. Keep this thread focused on what we know now from official sources. Thank you.

Is there a place on the Disneyland board for our own speculation or rumors and news? The Rumors and News board is predominantly Walt Disney World. I posted an article about Disneyland yesterday and got one response. I don’t think many people who follow this board go over there, and any post about Disneyland gets lost in the back and forth between all of the WDW posters.

Is there a place on the Disneyland board for our own speculation or rumors and news? The Rumors and News board is predominantly Walt Disney World. I posted an article about Disneyland yesterday and got one response. I don’t think many people who follow this board go over there, and any post about Disneyland gets lost in the back and forth between all of the WDW posters.
I think it's is one on the DL community board: https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...ese-restrictions.3798855/page-2#post-61759242

Can we pretty pretty please have one of our own on our main page so it’s easy to find for everyone? The community board is out of sight, out of mind.

The one on the News and Rumors is moving way too fast, largely doesn’t apply to DL, and frankly they are pretty mean to each other over there. I go over there and quickly just want to walk away. I think we are much kinder to each other here and would get a lot more folks to participate. Is this not the most important factor affecting our trips?

Can we pretty pretty please have one of our own on our main page so it’s easy to find for everyone? The community board is out of sight, out of mind.

The one on the News and Rumors is moving way too fast, largely doesn’t apply to DL, and frankly they are pretty mean to each other over there. I go over there and quickly just want to walk away. I think we are much kinder to each other here and would get a lot more folks to participate. Is this not the most important factor affecting our trips?
Instead of complaining repeatedly in this thread, why doesn't someone here -- how about you? -- start a thread in the Disneyland Community Board? @BadPinkTink already started a thread there which is ongoing (Hypothetical How Would You Feel If Disneyland Reopens With These Restrictions). There's no reason why someone else can't take the initiative to start another thread... or even more than one! Go for it! It's not the job of the mods to start all the threads. We do have our own Community Board -- so go ahead and make good use of it!

I mean no disrespect to the mods but I agree with this. Sadly, once threads get moved to the community board they tend to wither and die. If we had a rumor/speculation board on the main page it would help get the rumors off this thread (and make your job easier!)- just my two cents. 🥰

I mean no disrespect to the mods but I agree with this. Sadly, once threads get moved to the community board they tend to wither and die. If we had a rumor/speculation board on the main page it would help get the rumors off this thread (and make your job easier!)- just my two cents. 🥰
HERE HERE......I for one rarely look at the community Board but check the main board several times a day. The mods here do a great job and are only trying to enforce what they have been told are the rules. The powers above need to make an exception during these tough times.

Hi everyone,

I pulled these posts from the Disneyland superthread because they have nothing to do with planning a Disneyland trip. Please use the DL community board for topics other than specifically planning a Disneyland trip.

HERE HERE......I for one rarely look at the community Board but check the main board several times a day. The mods here do a great job and are only trying to enforce what they have been told are the rules. The powers above need to make an exception during these tough times.

I quoted you, but this is really for everyone. We need to keep the planning boards free for posts that deal with planning. There are several boards that are more appropriate for other topics.
I think the DL community should get used to coming to this particular board to continue these discussions.

The quote below answers both these points directly. Littering the trip planning board with non-trip planning threads that the mods have to clean up every day does NOT make our job easier -- just the opposite, it makes things harder. And we are dealing with our own lives during the lockdown just like everyone else! "During these tough times," everyone here needs to work together to cooperate by following the set guidelines, not by trying to get around them. We have our own Community Board and now we have our own speculation thread -- Party on! :)

I quoted you, but this is really for everyone. We need to keep the planning boards free for posts that deal with planning. There are several boards that are more appropriate for other topics.
I think the DL community should get used to coming to this particular board to continue these discussions.
Well said! Thank you. :)

I guess I’m just confused as to why some threads can speculate and not others on the main page... Speculating is a huge part of the trip planning when it comes to Disney: look at all the speculating we did before SWGE! Or the speculation thread around the haunted mansion now... or the speculations on refurbishments and so on. Our park is constantly changing and growing that we don’t often know what’s on the horizon (even before this crisis) so then we have to speculate!

Unfortunately, the new normal for trip planning is full of speculation. I just canceled my July trip and I can’t help but speculate because I can’t make decisions otherwise. You know what I mean? It’s really, really hard to discuss trip planning without being like “I wonder....” It’d be ideal if we had answers now but we don’t and probably won’t for awhile. Again, not arguing just trying to explain why I’m so confused at the pushback.

I know it’s not popular to question things around here but I guess I’m just not getting why there can’t be a main thread for speculation on the main board along with the other threads. I was hoping it’d make your job easier so you don’t have to step in multiple times a day to tell people on the other thread to stay on topic and go through deleting post after post. I don’t think anyone was intentionally being disrespectful or assuming you’re not affected right now by the crisis. I appreciate you!

Like others have mentioned, the community board isn’t used by everyone- some of us more diehards but our casual posters not as much. And I love to hear everyone’s speculations- not just the same ten of us that tend to be on here all the time. Just my two cents, if it’s okay to share it... I wasn’t trying to upset you, I’m just a little baffled as to why there’s so much resistance to the idea. But I’ll drop it!

Last edited:
I guess I’m just confused as to why some threads can speculate and not others on the main page... Speculating is a huge part of the trip planning when it comes to Disney: look at all the speculating we did before SWGE! Or the speculation thread around the haunted mansion now... or the speculations on refurbishments and so on. Our park is constantly changing and growing that we don’t often know what’s on the horizon (even before this crisis) so then we have to speculate!

Unfortunately, the new normal for trip planning is full of speculation. I just canceled my July trip and I can’t help but speculate because I can’t make decisions otherwise. You know what I mean? It’s really, really hard to discuss trip planning without being like “I wonder....” It’d be ideal if we had answers now but we don’t and probably won’t for awhile. Again, not arguing just trying to explain why I’m so confused at the pushback.

I know it’s not popular to question things around here but I guess I’m just not getting why there can’t be a main thread for speculation on the main board along with the other threads. I was hoping it’d make your job easier so you don’t have to step in multiple times a day to tell people on the other thread to stay on topic and go through deleting post after post. I don’t think anyone was intentionally being disrespectful or assuming you’re not affected right now by the crisis. I appreciate you!

Like others have mentioned, the community board isn’t used by everyone- some of us more diehards but our casual posters not as much. And I love to hear everyone’s speculations- not just the same ten of us that tend to be on here all the time. Just my two cents, if it’s okay to share it... I wasn’t trying to upset you, I’m just a little baffled as to why there’s so much resistance to the idea. But I’ll drop it!
This really is not that complicated. There is a very big difference between trying to plan a future trip, with all the guesstimating and "gambling" that can happen with dates and reservation times, for example, AND posting in a thread that clearly and openly states that it is trying to be as accurate and fact based as possible so that people can come there to get up to date information on the current "crisis" situation. Those people need up to the minute, accurate, fact based information to get refunds, rebook hotel dates, find out what is going on with their annual passes, etc. They don't need to get bogged down in other people's daydreams, postulations, speculations, irrational thoughts, arguments, venting, etc. so that they have to weed through it all and don't even know what is fact and what isn't. No one ever said there couldn't be a dedicated thread for speculation -- it was only said repeatedly that the fact based thread was not the place for it. But no one wanted to start a dedicated thread in the appropriate board. Now someone finally has. End of story. One only has to scroll up and click one extra time to get to our own Community Board from the main board. The more DISers who come over here regularly, the more others will follow. So keep the fun going on here -- the others will catch on soon enough!

I guess I’m just confused as to why some threads can speculate and not others on the main page...
Here's a very simplified example of a trip planning thread with some speculation that would stay on the trip planning board:
"I have a trip coming up in a few months, but don't know whether I should go with Plan A or Plan B. What do you think would happen if _____________???"
That question is clearly based in reality and completely related to DLR trip planning -- so it stays on the main page and, hopefully, gets some great answers. Now, for another example:
"What do you think would happen if space aliens landed in Tomorrowland and took over all the rides? How would things be different?" Does this question actually relate to planning a trip to DLR? Is it based in reality? It is speculating, but is totally off topic for the main page, even though it is contextually related to DLR. This question will be moved to the Disneyland Community Board.
We do get questions along both these lines -- and we try to get them to the right place in time. Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion!

I think the general request was questioning why can’t there be an exception, just this once, for one thread to hang out there on the main page. If I recall there was even a ‘pretty please’ used. 😉

Like I said, I’m dropping it.

Last edited:
I feel like what prompted me is a bit of a vacuum of info coming out about Anaheim overall. Are the hotel pools are closed? Are free breakfast removed at hotels? Where will they come back? What hotels will survive? What about the restaurants? Have they removed tables? How close is the nearest virus hotspot to Anaheim? Is one airport safer than the other? Are coffee pots gone? Are they safe to use?

I was asking to get permissions for a News & Rumor type thread for us on the main DL page. I guess that’s different to me then a pure speculative thread because I do see planning tidbits being a big part of it. Your official DL update thread is a EXCELLENT resource but it doesn’t covers everything and it shouldn’t. I guess I was looking for a wider net, catch all news/rumor thread with a bit looser boundaries since rumors would be part of it.
I do think people want to discuss the virus more on the main DL page. It does affect our planning! Nine people liked my post before it was sent to the post graveyard.
People keep pointing us elsewhere but I still say the News & Rumor board is such a poor source for news of happenings of Katella and Harbor. It’s great for arguing masks though. And asking on the community board garners fewer response. Causal posters just don’t make it here.

It’s okay if the answer is no and it seems to be. But I do feel for DL fans there is a gap of news/rumors but I know it’s somewhat uncharted territory.

Hey I just want to say, it felt like it was worth asking but I know we rarely make exceptions or changes but it felt like unprecedented times that might garner one.

The sun is out and I am headed offline. I know you are working for free. Have a good day. I can just drop it too.

I feel like what prompted me is a bit of a vacuum of info coming out about Anaheim overall. Are the hotel pools are closed? Are free breakfast removed at hotels? Where will they come back? What hotels will survive? What about the restaurants? Have they removed tables? How close is the nearest virus hotspot to Anaheim? Is one airport safer than the other? Are coffee pots gone? Are they safe to use?

I was asking to get permissions for a News & Rumor type thread for us on the main DL page. I guess that’s different to me then a pure speculative thread because I do see planning tidbits being a big part of it. Your official DL update thread is a EXCELLENT resource but it doesn’t covers everything and it shouldn’t. I guess I was looking for a wider net, catch all news/rumor thread with a bit looser boundaries since rumors would be part of it.
I do think people want to discuss the virus more on the main DL page. It does affect our planning! Nine people liked my post before it was sent to the post graveyard.
People keep pointing us elsewhere but I still say the News & Rumor board is such a poor source for news of happenings of Katella and Harbor. It’s great for arguing masks though. And asking on the community board garners fewer response. Causal posters just don’t make it here.

It’s okay if the answer is no and it seems to be. But I do feel for DL fans there is a gap of news/rumors but I know it’s somewhat uncharted territory.

The tricky part for me was that we would have a robust discussion going on, and eventually one of my posts would stray (mea culpa!).

Problem is, it would be “sent to the graveyard” like, 8hrs later, and the limitations of the forum software meant that I had no idea which post it was.

so far I’m happy with the participation in here (most of the DL regulars have found their way here), but I agree a redirect from the main be would be helpful. I’m sure in-thread redirecting will help.

so far I’m happy with the participation in here (most of the DL regulars have found their way here), but I agree a redirect from the main be would be helpful. I’m sure in-thread redirecting will help.

Hopefully that continues! Sadly, if it was on the main page it’d probably get more activity but so far at least it hasn’t fizzled out.

I feel like what prompted me is a bit of a vacuum of info coming out about Anaheim overall. Are the hotel pools are closed? Are free breakfast removed at hotels? Where will they come back? What hotels will survive? What about the restaurants? Have they removed tables? How close is the nearest virus hotspot to Anaheim? Is one airport safer than the other? Are coffee pots gone? Are they safe to use? ...
People keep pointing us elsewhere but I still say the News & Rumor board is such a poor source for news of happenings of Katella and Harbor...
There are no official answers to your questions right now, so post your questions in the Speculation thread. When we get official answers from the State of CA, from Disney, and from the City of Anaheim, they will be posted in the DLR Closure Superthread. In the meantime, pushing for answers that don't yet exist isn't going to get very far.
There are many threads discussing the virus on other boards. Many of these threads are quite active. Do some exploring on the other forums. (Try the Community forum -- people were complaining that there were too many virus threads there!)

Since you asked for a Speculation thread and received it, I am closing this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!