Resale broker MIA

Renee H

Mouseketeer
Anyone work with Bonnie at Fidelity? Placed an offer on a contract... albeit a low offer, they countered, etc but she’s been MIA for 4 days now. I have left voicemails, emails very nicely saying just looking for an update, etc. NOTHING. Very unprofessional imo. Is there another agent st fidelity that you’ve used that you can recommend? I’m looking Day and night on the sites and prefer to work with good connections at each company. I’m shocked she would just not answer and ruin potential future business.

Are you including the weekend? Just asking bc I believe Fidelity is closed. I understand the frustration- maybe try calling the main line to Fidelity.

If you are looking at another contract to make an offer on, I would just go right ahead. Your offer isn't binding until you sign a term sheet, and even after that it really is a loose agreement.

I have worked with Bonnie before and had a good experience, but I've worked with other brokers who have good reputations and didn't have a good experience with them.

Seems like the spring flood of resale contracts is starting to happen, and prices seem to have flattened out, so there is no need to lock in on 1 contract.

Are you including the weekend? Just asking bc I believe Fidelity is closed. I understand the frustration- maybe try calling the main line to Fidelity.
I did see that.. so would that mean the agents stop working on existing deals over the weekend? I’m unfamiliar with how this works. And if that’s the case wouldn’t really explain why she didn’t get back to me yesterday I guess.

If you are looking at another contract to make an offer on, I would just go right ahead. Your offer isn't binding until you sign a term sheet, and even after that it really is a loose agreement.

I have worked with Bonnie before and had a good experience, but I've worked with other brokers who have good reputations and didn't have a good experience with them.

Seems like the spring flood of resale contracts is starting to happen, and prices seem to have flattened out, so there is no need to lock in on 1 contract.
Oddly enough, another one at Fidelity. I hear good things about Bonnie on these threads and can’t find a negative thing about her so it’s weird.

In my experience Fidelity is reputable, but generally not as consistently responsive as other brokers and was slower. If you find a contract you really want, it’s worth hanging in there. But, as Matty mentioned, keep looking in the meantime.

I don’t think they work on weekends at all, so the deal will essentially be on hold until Monday.

I worked with a broker there that wasn’t Bonnie and the communication was very inconsistent.

Last edited:

In my experience Fidelity is reputable, but generally not as consistently responsive as other brokers and was slower. If you find a contract you really want, it’s worth hanging in there. But, as Matty mentioned, keep looking in the meantime.

I don’t think they work on weekends at all, so the deal will essentially be on hold until Monday.

I worked with a broker there that wasn’t Bonnie and the communication wasn’t great.
That’s good to know... thanks. I currently have another contract waiting on ROFR with a different company and they were basically at my disposal. They were awesome! I’m very impressed with them.

If you haven't heard anything, I would call. She could be sick, on vacation, might not have heard anything from the seller yet. Many reasons.
I also would keep looking and if you find another contract, I would put in an offer. Until you sign papers and put money down, you are not tied to anyhting.

I have worked with Bonnie and she was very responsive - which is to say she replied within minutes on most business days so I’m thinking She must be out for a longer period. I also worked with Shawn on a contract that was ROFR’ed and she responded quickly and consistently as well. Jerry at the Timeshare store and Alex at Resales DVC have been very responsive Too. Good luck. I know it’s frustrating not hearing.

I have and am currently working with Bonnie and she has always been incredibly responsive. Due to the weekend (yes, business stops at Fidelity Sat & Sun) and any other obligations, she may be out of pocket for a day or two. But I find it incredibly unlikely she is intentionally not responsive. I would call the main number and ask if she is in, and if not, who you could speak to. I have found Shawn much less available and responsive than Bonnie, but eventually get a response from someone.

Also, it could be that Bonnie is waiting for a response from the seller. She may not yet have any info to give you. I hope that she responds soon and that you get the answer that you are looking for. Good luck!

I also used Bonnie for my resale and had a great experience... so.. I agree with the rest, call main line and try to be more patient.. I am not good at that either!!

I made an offer yesterday and I have already heard back from Bonnie. She has been very responsive to me.

When we bought years ago from fidelity, I noticed that they disappeared every so often, with no response. I was completely stressed out but it was all for naught. Ultimately we got our contract and points.

Likewise, a few years later we bought again from fidelity. I heard nothing for 2 weeks after my initial offer. Suddenly, I get a call saying my low offer was accepted (while we were at Disney too!). I wouldn’t be too concerned when they don’t respond as long as you get your points at a good price at the end of the day....

I have and am currently working with Bonnie and she has always been incredibly responsive. Due to the weekend (yes, business stops at Fidelity Sat & Sun) and any other obligations, she may be out of pocket for a day or two. But I find it incredibly unlikely she is intentionally not responsive. I would call the main number and ask if she is in, and if not, who you could speak to. I have found Shawn much less available and responsive than Bonnie, but eventually get a response from someone.

I have found Shawn to be very responsive but her hours are early afternoon to late evening. I also don't expect her to be at my beck and call, just keep me informed and updated with what is going on when I am buying with them. Everybody has different expectations, just be upfront with them with what yours are.

We did not have a good first experience with Fidelity, but we are giving them a second change. We signed a contract on February 1, 2018, and Shawn did not send the contract to Disney until February 22, 2018. When questioned as to why there was a 22 day delay, she did not respond to my email. Neither did Evelyn from Fidelity and she had a hand in the process. My husband finally emailed asking why they were not responding to my emails, and they responded to him.... The contract was sent on February 22 and purchased by Disney about 10 days later.

We swore that we wouldn't work with Fidelity again, but we found another contract with them that we felt was much better than those available through other agencies. Bonnie has been very responsive. I put in an offer on Thursday, and she responded immediately. She heard back from the seller on Friday, and we accepted the counter offer. We are still waiting on the contract to sign. Crossing my fingers that this round goes better than the last!

Anyone work with Bonnie at Fidelity? Placed an offer on a contract... albeit a low offer, they countered, etc but she’s been MIA for 4 days now. I have left voicemails, emails very nicely saying just looking for an update, etc. NOTHING. Very unprofessional imo. Is there another agent st fidelity that you’ve used that you can recommend? I’m looking Day and night on the sites and prefer to work with good connections at each company. I’m shocked she would just not answer and ruin potential future business.
I found fidelity reps to be rude. Bonnie didn't even want to put a offer in for me, she said that it would ROFR and no sense. Legally I thought she needed to put in all offers. I watched for a month and noticed 2 weeks later it did sell. Of course no way to tell for how much. I put in the same offer for similiar place and points through Timeshare and it was accepted and Disney passed on ROFR in 9 days. I am now currently working with DVC Resale as I found something I liked through them. Also Fidelity charges $200 to the buyer which the other two places do not. So factor that in to your purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!