Waiting for Points to "Load" / Populate - Resale Contract Visible -

If anyone is waiting (like me), MS says they are loading points on 9/23/19 contracts today!
I am assuming 9/23 is the DS transfer date? What date did your contract actually close in escrow? I’m waiting for my second contract Activation code to be emailed and it seems to be taking longer for DS to get to it to me than my first one just a few weeks ago.

I closed 9/16, deed on OC site: 9/17
I got my activation code: 9/20 - called got, membership ID and online access
Apparently Disney didn't receive the transfer until 9/23
And they are processing points today - will show in 24-36 hours according to MA.
I have not received my welcome letter yet.

I closed 9/16, deed on OC site: 9/17
I got my activation code: 9/20 - called got, membership ID and online access
Apparently Disney didn't receive the transfer until 9/23
And they are processing points today - will show in 24-36 hours according to MA.
I have not received my welcome letter yet.
10 days from contract showing if your points show later today...seems they may have caught up to pre-Dorian...hopefully the direct minimum rule change did not lead to a huge surge delaying your points :-(

Definitely more agonizing wait than ROFR!

I’m also waiting on points to show. Closed last Monday, Contract was visible on Member Site Friday.

We called today Sept 20 and found out they were working on transfers dated as of Sept 10.
Accounting for business days, this means that they should be dropping ours points (transferred on Sept 13) by next Tuesday Sept 24.
Fingers crossed.

I just wanted to ask how you know when they were actually transferred? Thanks!

I’m also waiting on points to show. Closed last Monday, Contract was visible on Member Site Friday.
Let's see, if Friday 9/27 was the first date you were able to see it on Member Site, then I estimate the points will pop on Monday 10/7!

My contract was visible for a week before my points were put in my account. To add to that, I called as I was getting concerned that maybe the contract I bought didn't have the points they said it did. During my call they put the points on my account. Very nice of them. I was worried as I had seen others on the Closing Time forum saying they showed up a day or two after the contract being visible.

My contract was visible for a week before my points were put in my account. To add to that, I called as I was getting concerned that maybe the contract I bought didn't have the points they said it did. During my call they put the points on my account. Very nice of them. I was worried as I had seen others on the Closing Time forum saying they showed up a day or two after the contract being visible.
Yeah, I saw the same and wonder if they are first time owners. The estimate is based on owners with pre-existing accounts who check their homepage obsessively and don't have to wait for a one time code to be mailed to them...you know, like us! Lol!

We closed on 9/17, OC site on 9/17, Disney received on 9/18... still waiting for contract to show up in our existing membership dashboard. Called MA and their advice was to wait 2-3 more weeks. We have 100 points expiring on 12/1, so hopefully things pick up steam ASAP.

We closed on 9/17, OC site on 9/17, Disney received on 9/18... still waiting for contract to show up in our existing membership dashboard. Called MA and their advice was to wait 2-3 more weeks. We have 100 points expiring on 12/1, so hopefully things pick up steam ASAP.

Honestly, I would call and explain that to them. I have read of others saying if you get the right person, they may go ahead and just add them in for you. That kind of seems unacceptable! 2 to 3 more weeks?!!

Honestly, I would call and explain that to them. I have read of others saying if you get the right person, they may go ahead and just add them in for you. That kind of seems unacceptable! 2 to 3 more weeks?!!

I asked what day they were working on and, after a delay, she said contracts that were received 9/17... which I know from this board, is just not true. I was hoping that this would be the "whoops, let's get this processed" moment, but that was Monday and we're still waiting. I wouldn't be surprised if the "we're working on date x/xx" is maybe not as accurate or linear as we're led to believe... when most people call, they seem to be given a date that's just before their own, with the directive to be patient.

Just wishing you luck it loads soon! Unfortunately, it is going to be tough booking something with those points, unless you have a lot of flexibility in travel times and room size.

Fall books very quickly even at the 11 month window. But, if you have access already to the website, even with no points, you should be able to try to book a room to get an idea of what is or is not there so you can plan. You won’t be able to complete it, but it will bring you to real time availability.

Things can and do change all the time, but at least you can do some pre-planning so as soon as they are there, you can get those points used up!

Yesterday, I thought our new points were loaded! I got so excited when I refreshed the page and all of a sudden there were points there! Then I realized it was October 1, the Use Year for my other contracts! ☹

Just wishing you luck it loads soon! Unfortunately, it is going to be tough booking something with those points, unless you have a lot of flexibility in travel times and room size.

Fall books very quickly even at the 11 month window. But, if you have access already to the website, even with no points, you should be able to try to book a room to get an idea of what is or is not there so you can plan. You won’t be able to complete it, but it will bring you to real time availability.

Things can and do change all the time, but at least you can do some pre-planning so as soon as they are there, you can get those points used up!

Yup, fully aware of the challenge... we are going to stalk availability, take what we can get, and roll with it... if we can do a split stay with 2 or 3 nights in each spot, that's a victory.

To update, I called again this morning and the agent was much more helpful... contract was added within 30 minutes of hanging up, and she spoke with the points team about possibly expediting the loading process. Should be able to book in a week or so, hopefully earlier.

Yesterday, I thought our new points were loaded! I got so excited when I refreshed the page and all of a sudden there were points there! Then I realized it was October 1, the Use Year for my other contracts! ☹
I wanted to use all the available emojis to express the rollercoaster of emotions reading your post! ...but I didn’t know how, so I have to just reply and tell you...lol!

I wanted to use all the available emojis to express the rollercoaster of emotions reading your post! ...but I didn’t know how, so I have to just reply and tell you...lol!

Thank you! So nice of you!

Yup, fully aware of the challenge... we are going to stalk availability, take what we can get, and roll with it... if we can do a split stay with 2 or 3 nights in each spot, that's a victory.

To update, I called again this morning and the agent was much more helpful... contract was added within 30 minutes of hanging up, and she spoke with the points team about possibly expediting the loading process. Should be able to book in a week or so, hopefully earlier.
I think they will refurbish them as well, but I think it would be too costly to do all at exactly the same time. Plus they would need a huge sales push to sell that many resorts all at once. Beach club currently gets the highest prices out of the 2042 resorts, so I could see them remodeling and reselling that first.

Love that you have a plan! Good luck!,,👍🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter