Waiting for Points to "Load" / Populate - Resale Contract Visible -

No need to apologize. In answer to your great question, if this is your second contract, it will show up where your original membership ID is, in the Left Upper portion of the splash screen after signing into dvcmember.com... there will just be a drop down box that will show your second ID. If you have the same UY, then it will be the same ID but you will see the new contract by selecting the "My DVC" tab (far upper right) -> "My Dashboard".

Savor the wait and anticipation.
This is my first contract, a resale. So it probably wont ever show up because of the new rules right?

This is my first contract, a resale. So it probably wont ever show up because of the new rules right?

It will...eventually... you just have to wait for a one-time code to activate your membership on the dvcmember.com website. That takes about 3-4 weeks, on average from the time of closing, to get to you by snail-mail.

I'm sorry I am going to ask a total newb question but we had our contract sent off to Disney today, where is this membership ID shown at so I know where to watch here in a few weeks. Sorry for the dumb qeustion. Thanks.
Do you mean it got sent to Disney for ROFR, or you already closed and it got sent from the county deed recorder's office to Disney? There are different timelines based on where you are in the process.

Do you mean it got sent to Disney for ROFR, or you already closed and it got sent from the county deed recorder's office to Disney? There are different timelines based on where you are in the process.
It just got sent to ROFR yesterday.

Okay. Just check out the ROFR thread to get an idea of how long it is taking to hear if Disney passed on your contract or not. We got an e-mail from our broker to find out Disney's response. In the spring, it took about 2-3 weeks for us to hear that Disney passed. After that, things went quickly to closing. Our sellers seemed to be very motivated. After you close on the contract is when you can expect the information that emchen was talking about.

Okay. Just check out the ROFR thread to get an idea of how long it is taking to hear if Disney passed on your contract or not. We got an e-mail from our broker to find out Disney's response. In the spring, it took about 2-3 weeks for us to hear that Disney passed. After that, things went quickly to closing. Our sellers seemed to be very motivated. After you close on the contract is when you can expect the information that emchen was talking about.
Thank you. Yeah I looked at that thread and it looks to be about 15-21 days before Disney decides on average. Kind of excited.

It just got sent to ROFR yesterday.
So you are in the very beginning of the process! Sorry to inform you there will be at least a couple more stages to wait out, but plenty of people in the same boat to "hang out" with while waiting. There's the ROFR thread, then the Closing Time!!! thread, and this thread. Good luck on your contract and don't hesitate to ask any additional questions.

Last edited:
Final contract for a long while:

AUL 217p APR membership showed up on website 11/4 so points should pop by 11/14!

Fyi the wait does get easier by the third resale contract...lol

Final contract for a long while:

AUL 217p APR membership showed up on website 11/4 so points should pop by 11/14!

Fyi the wait does get easier by the third resale contract...lol
2-days after MID appeared on website and points have loaded! Thank goodness for little miracles!

I’ll ask a dumb question.

You guys keep taking about it member ID “showing up on the website”. I don’t know what this means.

My documents went to closing on Tuesday. Am I going to be emailed a member ID that I use to login to a booking website? Is there an app?

What’s next?

I’ll ask a dumb question.

You guys keep taking about it member ID “showing up on the website”. I don’t know what this means.

My documents went to closing on Tuesday. Am I going to be emailed a member ID that I use to login to a booking website? Is there an app?

What’s next?

I believe your member id gets mailed to you (snail mail) in a packet, but the activation code needed to log onto the website is emailed. I closed on 11/1 and received the activation code on the 8th in my spam folder, but have not yet received the packet with my member number and club id, so I can't access the website to see if my points have loaded. I'm trying to be patient and wait for the packet, as I'm not yet at the 11 month mark in which I need to book (though it's getting closer now). I

I believe your member id gets mailed to you (snail mail) in a packet, but the activation code needed to log onto the website is emailed. I closed on 11/1 and received the activation code on the 8th in my spam folder, but have not yet received the packet with my member number and club id, so I can't access the website to see if my points have loaded. I'm trying to be patient and wait for the packet, as I'm not yet at the 11 month mark in which I need to book (though it's getting closer now). I

OK, thank you for the update. I honestly just now realized that the closing time thread covers a lot of this. I bought a loaded contract that has points that expire February 1. While I know there’s no guarantee I’ll be able to use those, I’d really like to at least be able to try. I’m already at my 11th month window for a trip that I’m planning in September. I’ve currently booked a campsite at Fort wilderness, but want to swap it over to Saratoga springs, where we bought.

It sounds like the next steps are to watch my junk folder, and then wait for a packet to arrive in the mail. Thank you so much.

OK, thank you for the update. I honestly just now realized that the closing time thread covers a lot of this. I bought a loaded contract that has points that expire February 1. While I know there’s no guarantee I’ll be able to use those, I’d really like to at least be able to try. I’m already at my 11th month window for a trip that I’m planning in September. I’ve currently booked a campsite at Fort wilderness, but want to swap it over to Saratoga springs, where we bought.

It sounds like the next steps are to watch my junk folder, and then wait for a packet to arrive in the mail. Thank you so much.

Once you have your activation code, you could try to call member accounting to get your club id and member number to log on, some folks in the closing thread have even said that member services have helped them book trips over the phone. I haven't attempted this, because I'm not yet in my 11 month mark for my trip, but if I don't have my packet by the end of this month, I will attempt to call them.

Here is something I just don't understand. It took DVC 11 days to load the contract in the system and only 1 days to load the points. There is nothing consistent in how DVC does things.

Here is something I just don't understand. It took DVC 11 days to load the contract in the system and only 1 days to load the points. There is nothing consistent in how DVC does things.

I'll go one better, DVC got my paperwork this past Monday and Contract visible TODAY in my account. That's just 4 days to load the contract. Now lets see how long to load the points.

Almost positive it is Member Administration.

Our last contract appeared on site on a Tuesday. The points weren’t loaded by Saturday, so I used the chat facility and they were showing within minutes (still during the chat).

Long story short, whoever operates the chat can arrange to load the points, once the contract is visible. Not sure who that is, though.

I'll go one better, DVC got my paperwork this past Monday and Contract visible TODAY in my account. That's just 4 days to load the contract. Now lets see how long to load the points.
That's fast to load the contract! Update on points popping?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter