resales from Disney?

cigar95

DIS weakest link
(Since I don't always follow this board, please excuse me if this has been answered recently!)

I understand that Disney will often exercise its RoFR to purchase DVC resales offered below a certain cost per point. So - what happens to these memberships - does DVC then resell them at the going rate?

In particular - is it possible that there will occasionally be OKW or BWV memberships available from the DVC itself?

If I decide to buy DVC, I think I'd prefer OKW. For some reason, I'd rather buy it from DVC, even if it costs a bit more. (No need to tell me it doesn't make sense - I already know that!)

According to some reports on this board, the answer would be yes, but I think there is a wait list for them.

Hi Cigar,

Disney does from time to time offer resales from OKW and BWV! The cost would be the going rate $75/point, but seem worth it compared to $70/point plus closing costs on the resale end.

Call your DVC rep and put in a "buy order." They will be best informed to let you know if, what, when available!

Best of luck, L

Don't count on any resales thru DVC.

At OKW, they sold a more contracts only when the new buildings went on sale in '99 (after the original '98 sellout). Since OKW and BWV sold out last fall- the only sales available have been on those contracts which fell through during the last weeks. They did have a wait list available for a short while to make those failed contracts available, but that list has now been closed.

I doubt there are many (if any) right-of-refusal purchases being made by DVC currently- since the realtors know where the buy-back point is and advise sellers and buyers around that.

I'm sure there may still be some foreclosures which occur from time-to-time, but don't count on any resale announcement thru DVC for awhile.

Still- it can't hurt to let your guide know you are in the market for a purchase at any of the sold-out resorts.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter