Rescheduled to Late April/Early May... looking to feel better...

DisneyJColeMom

Mouseketeer
My Disney countdown just jumped from 143 to 360 ☹️ It was our first Disney trip and it was on my son’s 7th Birthday. I had all my ADR’s just right... feeling blue! Looking for some uplift... did I pick a good time? Changed from late September to last week of April. Anyone like going that time of year? Sad about missing out on Halloween too, but not wanting to wait a year & a half.

We had to cancel our kid's first trip, which was supposed to be at the beginning of April, too. We'll most likely rebook for sometime early 2021 like you.

Look at it this way, do you really want to be there during the early days of reopening? It's not going to be the same experience. That's not the experience you want for someone's first time. At least it's not the experience I want for my kid's first time.

Things will (hopefully) be clearer later this year, moving into next year. If treatments start to work or vaccines make an appearance, the experience at Disney will amp up again to what we all know and love!

We had to cancel our kid's first trip, which was supposed to be at the beginning of April, too. We'll most likely rebook for sometime early 2021 like you.

Look at it this way, do you really want to be there during the early days of reopening? It's not going to be the same experience. That's not the experience you want for someone's first time. At least it's not the experience I want for my kid's first time.

Things will (hopefully) be clearer later this year, moving into next year. If treatments start to work or vaccines make an appearance, the experience at Disney will amp up again to what we all know and love!
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Ive been reading in this forum about how it might be when Disney reopens. Literally everything Im reading turns me off to going, Cast members wearing masks, no character (even if its just face characters) meet & greets, no fireworks?? Fireworks are our favorite thing!! If they say visitors should wear masks, heck no in that September heat, its cool around here & I dont even like wearing it now. I even saw something about them maybe avoiding intro rooms to some rides? All a big pot of no for me, especially with these prices they charge!

Exactly. I don't want to be anywhere near the place when it first opens up. It's the perfect time for annual pass holders who have "been there, done that" many, many times.

We had to change from this May to next May (due to something other than Covid) - technically 4/28 - 5/7.

I'm very excited for that timeframe, I think we will miss most of lovebugs!

If you feel like it, come join the official May 2021 thread, there is already a small group of us happily planning away!
:)

We had to change from this May to next May (due to something other than Covid) - technically 4/28 - 5/7.

I'm very excited for that timeframe, I think we will miss most of lovebugs!

If you feel like it, come join the official May 2021 thread, there is already a small group of us happily planning away!
:)
What are love bugs?

I think you’ll love the late April/early May timeframe/ we’ve done a trip at that time and it is one of my favorites- the parks are bursting with spring and flowers!

love bugs are a seasonal bug- I think they’re more a nuisance than a harm- don’t think they bite- there are just a lot of them when they’re in season. They are a bigger problem if you’re driving your car than if you’re walking around.

What are love bugs?
I think you’ll love the late April/early May timeframe/ we’ve done a trip at that time and it is one of my favorites- the parks are bursting with spring and flowers!

love bugs are a seasonal bug- I think they’re more a nuisance than a harm- don’t think they bite- there are just a lot of them when they’re in season. They are a bigger problem if you’re driving your car than if you’re walking around.

Yeah they are nothing to be afraid of, but I think they are start showing up first two weeks of May? But since I'm going last week of April, first week of May I'm sure they will show up early.
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!