Reservation time arrives while waiting in line

ebenmax

DIS Veteran
We have an Oga’s reservation for 11:10 on 12/29 which is our morning in SWGE. My family is planning to wait in line for RotR no matter how long it takes. Since they announced the ride will not open for extra magic hours, I am concerned we may still be in line when our ressie time arrives. How do we handle that without getting charged, if we “can’t” show up? I am not planning to ride, but am also only one person in a party of 7 and am not interested in staying if none of my family is with me. Can I cancel at the last minute in person? TIA

If you are not riding, and the others are not going to make it in time, go to the restaurant about 20 min before your time and tell them that the rest of your party is still in line. They will mark it so that you are not charged. It is cool enough to visit on your own and not as awkward as you think for a party of 1 standing at the bar. The bartenders were nice.

If you are waiting in line with your party, then I would just walk up after you get off the ride or let them know before you get in line if it is obviously not going to happen time wise. We have never been charged for any 'missed' reservations as long as we visited the check-in at some point in person.

Thank you! This relieves my mind!
Can I follow the same thing for Droid Depot? My DD has an appt. that may overlap with wait time.
If I go and tell them she is still in line will they waive charging for the droid? Or is this a whole different situation? Thanks for any insights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter