Reservations Fall 2021?

gillenkl

DIS Veteran
What day can we begin making reservations for the Fort Fall 2021? I thought it was today but no matter what dates I enter on the website, it says no availability.

What day can we begin making reservations for the Fort Fall 2021? I thought it was today but no matter what dates I enter on the website, it says no availability.
Booking for 2021 is only open through September 26. No date for when the rest of 2021 opens to book.

I thought the same thing. I was bummed out when I saw october was already full. Nice to know it isn't the case

Thanks for this!! I was looking at November/December 2021 as well and was shocked they were completely sold out. Good to know they haven't gone up yet. :) Does anyone know when they will be open for booking?

Thanks for this!! I was looking at November/December 2021 as well and was shocked they were completely sold out. Good to know they haven't gone up yet. :) Does anyone know when they will be open for booking?

Maybe they're opening 90 days at a time? June 24 - Sept 26 is approx 90 days. 🤷🏼‍♀️

If it was me, I'd probably check in a week to see if they're doing a 'rolling' 90 days. In which case November bookings would open in August. But with things the way they are, who the heck knows what's gonna happen!

If anyone sees them open up, PLEASE post it! Looking in to nov/dec 2021

I got April 2021 and wanted Oct 2021 but it looks like the fall/winter aren't open yet.

Also looking for December 2021 nothing yet I heard July 23 the window would open but that date has come and gone still nothing.
Had to cancel my August date at music resort with no compensation

Wonder if the delay has anything to do with the 50th MK Anniversary celebration in a recent COVID world? Will there be a special parade or fireworks show specifically themed around that event for example? Will it be a YUGE marketing blitz for the 50th or more subdued?

They'll have to fish or cut bait at some point. 🎣

Bama Ed

...They'll have to fish or cut bait at some point. 🎣....
Bama Ed
I keep getting email from them about our Annual Passes. They are really pushing the cancel option; additionally, if we want to cancel please do it before Aug 17th. And there are no new Annual Pass sales allowed. That makes me think two things:

1) We annual pass holders are really costing them money when we attend one of the theme parks in the current Covid19 era. Operating costs for the four theme parks are daily costs regardless of how the patron acquired entry (daily ticket or AP). In an extreme example, there are no ticket revenues coming in if all attendees are AP holders (probably local or FL residents). In other words, no gate receipts in and AP revenue has long been spent these last 90 days. In my view, WDW lived off the "fat" of regular priced ticket sales from out-of-state guests, non-AP holders and international visitors in order to support the repetitive, multi-visiting habits of AP holders. That "fat" has dried up as they experience reduced patronage due to social distancing rules, lack of air travel, and the deterrence of quarantines for those willing to drive from their home states.

2) That Aug 17th date possibly drives the 50th Anniversary reservations timeline. Last quarter CY 2021 reservations (27 Sep 21 - 31 Dec 21) probably won't open until they sort out how many AP holders (and the resulting financial liability) are left standing and how long Covid19 rules will last. Reservations for that last quarter won't happen until sometime after Aug 17, 2020. Personally, I'm guessing NET Sep 8, 2020.

2) That Aug 17th date possibly drives the 50th Anniversary reservations timeline. Last quarter CY 2021 reservations (27 Sep 21 - 31 Dec 21) probably won't open until they sort out how many AP holders (and the resulting financial liability) are left standing and how long Covid19 rules will last. Reservations for that last quarter won't happen until sometime after Aug 17, 2020. Personally, I'm guessing NET Sep 8, 2020.

You might be onto something, Stork.

Disney is trying to get AP holders to cancel/not renew so the AP capacity that is allocated to each park for daily admissions can be reduced (which I've heard anecdotally the AP side has filled up all its allowable sign-ups on some recent days - maybe you've heard that too? ). Then that capacity can be given over to daily park ticket guests (and those spending the bling to stay on-site) instead who probably spend more per day on property than AP holders do for the 50th anniversary time frame.

That would explain the no AP passes being sold as well. When they DO resume selling AP as they most certainly will at some point, there will probably be big price increases (again) which will cause some people to not purchase them. And maybe additional blackout dates. You could always raise prices as renewals take place to slow demand but to encourage cancellations and stop sales sounds like they're trying to slam the brakes on the number of APs in the parks daily.

After the total collapse of theme park revenues in Disney's recent 3rd quarter earning release, they'll be doing ANYTHING to get them back up (whatever the current covid situation will allow). I'm expecting stealth increases in 2021 Fort Wilderness campsite rates (over and above what is currently stated as rack rate for 2021). And then they can always offer a discount to fill resorts on-property (they're pretty good at that).

Yep, I think you've shown the flashlight on the tip of the iceberg. I got my conspiracy hat on now.

tinfoilhat_zpsab5cee7f.png

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Think we will have good discounts next fall if a vaccine comes out by January or think they will offer none to make up some revenue?

Think we will have good discounts next fall if a vaccine comes out by January or think they will offer none to make up some revenue?

I think it's going to depend on whether or not Disney is satisfied with the level of reservations they're getting. If there's an 'uptick' or they're happy with occupancy levels then I don't think we'll see discounts other than perhaps what might have been offered in any other year. If occupancy levels are really low, then they might offer a discount hoping to bring more people in.

I think it's going to depend on whether or not Disney is satisfied with the level of reservations they're getting. If there's an 'uptick' or they're happy with occupancy levels then I don't think we'll see discounts other than perhaps what might have been offered in any other year. If occupancy levels are really low, then they might offer a discount hoping to bring more people in.
I have never paid rack rate for our disney vacations and don’t plan on it. Way too expensive. Praying we see even a normal discount. Right now they don’t have any which is understandable since they want to keep crowds down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts