Reservations made with an expiring card

sophie131

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Just made my reservations but I realised I have used my card which is due to expire at the end of this month.
Will this cause me any problems? If so, is there any way to fix it?!

As long as it isn't an ADR that you prepay, using an expired card is not a problem.

In fact, there are groups that do it, intentionally. That way if they don't show, they aren't charged.

Thanks for your help - I definitely did not do it intentionally and will show for all my reservations but glad to hear they aren't going to cancel them all!

Thanks for your help - I definitely did not do it intentionally and will show for all my reservations but glad to hear they aren't going to cancel them all!
When I did my last set of ADRs, my cc was set to expire before my 180 days was done. I updated my MDE as soon as I rec'd my new card. For me the cc number was the same, but the exp. date and the 3 digit code on the back changed.
You would still get charged if you don't show with your new updated cc, unless you didn't stay at a Disney resort and/or use your magic band. When you check in, your cc is updated so that you don't have to carry your cc with you. You simply use your magic band for everything. In fact we had 4 people on our room reservation, and each had their own cc attached to their individual magic bands.

Last edited:

I asked a dining cm this once and they said if the card is no good they would be able to track you down/send a bill etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter