reservations

yorkshiregirl

Mouseketeer
Should I be thinking of making reservations for dinners etc?
We are arriving in mid-July and normally we like to look around and choose where to eat quite spontaneously but I am getting worried that we may find out too late that we should have made these ps bookings.
We have a daughter 16 who does not like a lot of foods but is getting better so can any-one reccomend buffet-style restaurants as we went to Fuerteventura at Christmas and it was buffet-style at Breakfast and Dinner and it was one of the most relaxing holidays yet food-wise as everyone could help themselves to what they wanted. No embarrassing scenes where dear daughter makes do with plain pasta etc. or son 14 orders an expensive item of which he takes 2 mouthfulls and then leaves:o
I like the look of the 50's prime time, and Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic dinner package. We do not want to do the HDDR. Their choice I'm afraid.
Any further suggestions welcomed
Shirley

Boma's at AKL is an all you can eat buffet. Some 'funny' stuff but there should be plenty to suit everyone. They even do chicken strips and fries for the kids but anyone can help themselves. we did it twice and there was a different selection both nights. Expect to pay around $100 for four.

One the other price side, the likes of Sizzlers (our new favourite), Ponderosa and Golden Coral will do you an entree of your choice and all you can eat buffet at around $45 for four.

Hi Shirley,

I've eaten at the 50's prime time cafe.... the food was excellent mostly what the american's call "home cooked food" Pork chops, pot roast etc... but all very good.

If kids dont want to do HDDR then what about the other restaurant at Fort Wilderness "Trail's End". This is an eat as much as you like buffet style restaurant with pizza, ribs, chilli much like HDDR food but none of the shananagans that go with it. Food was all very good last time I went here, they also do a buffet style breakfast and then it's only a boat ride over to the Magic Kingdom.

As for PS for resaurants, when we went in November we found that there was still time to make PS's on the day EG.... on the day we went to EPCOT we walked passed the main restaurant in China (Nine Dragon's) at lunchtime and made a PS for that evening..... So there is still time. Although some restaurants are more popular than others.... especially character meals.

Hope this helps!:wave:

Mickeyetta:earsgirl:

You are within the 120 day limit for the resort restaurants but have some time to go before you need make Priority Seating arrangements for the park restaurants - follow this link to the PS ( Priority Seating) calculator - it is sometimes out by one day but unless you are booking something immensely popular you do not need to make your PSs on the day they become available, so I shouldn't worry about making PS arrangements too early.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/pscalc/dispscalc.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter