Residence Inn at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Dionnemay

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed here?

I booked for spring break but since it's a relatively new hotel, other than what is on the hotel's website, I can't find any photo or video reviews from guests like I usually can, which is a bummer because I like to know and see what the hotel is like honestly from ppl that have stayed.

So if you've stayed there, what I want to know is the room qaulity, of course, but also proximity to disneyland. I'll be with 2 teens and a 4 year old. Most of the time I get hotels that are close enough where we just walk to the Toy Story parking lot and catch that bus into Disneyland so we dont have to spend money on the ART or walk more than 15 mins.

Also breakfast is a big deal because if the hotel has a good free breakfast, the kids can fill up on that and aren't usually hungry again until late afternoon so it saves money spent on food in the park. I always look for "full hot breakfast" as opposed to the boring minimal continental breakfast - most choices and proteins for the kids. But sometimes even those aren't that good.

I reserved a 1 bedroom suite with bunk beds and requested a "disney facing" room and a high floor (to better the chance of seeing the fireworks then I realized there won't be any fireworks lol). But still, I thought a higher floor would give a better view of the park if its truly "Disny facing".

Also I thought the rooftop pool would be fun but like I said, there arent many photos and no videos at all of that so. I dont know much about it.

I stayed there the last week of June 2017.
It was very nice.
Had a 1 bedroom with 2 queen beds and then pull out sofa in the living room.
My friend's sister slept on the pull out sofa and said it was not all that comfortable but ya know sofa beds are not known for being comfortable in general.
Queen beds were comfortable.
Space was great.
Room was clean.
Kitchen area was great.
Bathroom was great.
Rooftop pool and hot tub were great.
Free buffet breakfast was great.
Lots of choices and some things varied each day especially the types of meat available. One day was ham the next bacon the next sausage...
There was always scrambled eggs, potatoes, fruits, yogurt, cheese, pastries, waffles.....
Location was great in my opinion.
You just walk to the corner where there is a CVS and cross and then keep walking down to Disneyland.
I would not suggest walking to the Toy Story buses from this hotel as that is in the opposite direction.
When I stayed at Sheridan Park Convention Center I walked to the Toy Story parking lot but I never would from the Residence Inn Convention Center.

We stayed in April 2017 and it was great. Would definitely stay there again. We har an 8yo and 3yo and considered it walkable but I know others would want transport.

Breakfast was great, one of the better ones on our trip. Lots of different choices and set up so there were 2 stations for everything. Lots of seating. Pool was lovely too. We were there at the end of a 3 week road trip so had lots of washing and there weren't too many machines in the laundry compared to the size of the hotel but that was the only thing that bugged me!

Room quality and breakfast selection are great. Offered are waffles, eggs, meat, yogurt, cereals, bagels, pastries, fruit, and probably a bunch I am forgetting. Kids didn’t have a problem filling up.

With the location, you are better off walking. We tried a walk to the Toy Story lot but is is maybe 2/3 of the walk directly to the park. It is maybe 10 minutes or so? Not bad.

best! We stay there all the time now. We have 3 little kids - 6, 4, 1. The full kitchen lets us order groceries and bring a ton of stuff to the parks, and the full breakfast lets us get filled up so we only really need one meal in parks :) Also, the space is awesome. We usually get 1 bed suites. Staff is super nice. About a 10-12 min walk with a stroller to Harbor security.

ETA breakfast has eggs, sausage (or ham/bacon), roasted vegetables - stuff to make omelets. Pancake/waffle makers. Oatmeal. Lots of fruit/yogurt/cereal choices. About as good as it gets for a hotel breakfast. Even at it's most crowded, there's plenty of space so it moves quickly.

Wow thanks for the replies! Sounds awesome! I was nervous staying at place I had never been and that had so few reviews. I asked about distance because of my 4 year old -wanted to know how bad the walk would be for her but it doesnt sound bad...at the end of the night might be a differnt story so I guess I'll bring her stroller.

Has anyone been in the bunk bed rooms? I figured the two teens could take those and me and my 4 y/o take the bed. Also is there a pull-out in those rooms too? Because it says it "sleeps 8" but I dont see how with 2 bunks and one queen, and my son is asking if he can bring a friend on tbis trip but idk where the friend would sleep if there's no pull-out. And what about privacy - are the bunks separated at all from the queen bed or are they all in the same room?

Wow thanks for the replies! Sounds awesome! I was nervous staying at place I had never been and that had so few reviews. I asked about distance because of my 4 year old -wanted to know how bad the walk would be for her but it doesnt sound bad...at the end of the night might be a differnt story so I guess I'll bring her stroller.

Has anyone been in the bunk bed rooms? I figured the two teens could take those and me and my 4 y/o take the bed. Also is there a pull-out in those rooms too? Because it says it "sleeps 8" but I dont see how with 2 bunks and one queen, and my son is asking if he can bring a friend on tbis trip but idk where the friend would sleep if there's no pull-out. And what about privacy - are the bunks separated at all from the queen bed or are they all in the same room?

The room we stayed in with bunks that slept 8 had two bathrooms. One room with two bunks and attached bath. Then the main room you enter with kitchen and pullout couch. And then third room with two queens and attached bath. Not sure if that is the same room?

The room we stayed in with bunks that slept 8 had two bathrooms. One room with two bunks and attached bath. Then the main room you enter with kitchen and pullout couch. And then third room with two queens and attached bath. Not sure if that is the same room?
Yes I think thats it - it says it has 2 baths also. Thanks :-)

So happy to see this post. We will be here this week for Cheer nationals. Found a great rate on booking.com that I couldn’t pass up since it’s close to parks and convention center.

We stayed for a mini staycation for Christmas weekend and will stay here in the future!
Loved how spacious lobby is, breakfast dining area is huge, humongous food options and drink options. Loved how large pool area was with lots of seating options.

Had booked upper standard view with 2 queens. Loved the spacious living room and bedroom. Negative was bathroom is shower only although bathroom is huge.

Beds were comfy but have to say that sofa bed was so uncomfortable that had the kids sleep on other bed. If u really need to use sofa as bed maybe ask for a few extra blankets to cushion it (could really feel Springs).
Walk is doable and recommend walking than going to Toy story lot.
They have a Pizza Hut and used it each day.
Had forgotten a couple things and went to the CVS next door. Hotel next door also has a coffee bean and tea leaf.
Staff was so polite and professional. Liked parking structure is covered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!