residence inn reviews(lisaray?)

charlie2969

Earning My Ears
It has been awhile since anyone posted a review on the new Residence Inn. I appreciated Hercamore's review, but I'm looking for more information. We're staying there in March, and I am curious about the pools. Is there a kiddie pool? A hot tub? How abou the regular pool--is it large? Any details would be appreciated. I saw in the last post that Lisaray was planning a Thanksgiving stay there. Anything to report LisaRay? Thanks so much.

We just returned and spent our first three nights at the new Res. Inn Lake Buena Vista North location, mostly because we had some Marriott CG's to use. Boy were we impressed with the place! We had a two bedroom two bathroom suite which we got for $105/night. It had three TV's, a VCR, a stove, microwave, and fridge. The free breakfast bufett also had a nice selection of items including eggs, pancakes, sausage, waffles, fruit, yogurt, bagels, and cold cereals. It was a great way to start the day. Although we didn't use the pools, we did check them out. They do have both a small circular kiddie pool and a hot tub that is behind the big boulders that border one side of the pool. The pool itself (Which was open till 10 each night) was a decent size and felt nice and warm. It really wasn't themed like the Disney pools but was still very nice. Two things did stand out about this place though: The staff was very friendly and seemed to really care that your stay went well. Also the beds were just unbelievable. They would form fit to your body and provided for an amazing restful sleep. We also stayed at the Poly on this trip and longed for the beds at the Res. Inn! Due to its location I think that a rental car is a must as it is pretty much all by itself on Palm Parkway but all in all it is a great place to stay!

Good review, Humphrey Bear.

Glad you liked the hotel. The beds are really comfortable for this price range hotel. They were as comfy as the Hard Rock hotel beds, IMHO.

charlie, what kind of rates are you finding the Residence Inn now?

Hercamore

hercamore,
I am staying there in March, as well, and paying $105. Thanks Humphrey Bear for the new review! I can't wait. By the way, how long would you say your drive was to WDW? Sea World?

Hi belle,

The drive to SW is a hop and a skip, LOL. Out the hotel exit, turn right drive a couple miles . You see the signs for SW easily. Maybe 4 min. drive.

Drive to the disney parks is less than l0 minutes. Itis not that far distance wise, but traffic on 535 is heavy.

Hercamore

Just wanted to add that it is just a couple of minutes from the Crossroads Shopping Center which has a Goodings market and a variety of restaurants.

We will be staying here in February. Can't wait.
HumphryBear-- were you ever there for the evening social hour?

BigDave

We never made it to the evening social hour, too busy at the parks I guess. The funny thing is that the evening social hour was never mentioned when we checked in, so I don't even know if they still do it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

When we stayed at the RI, the evening social hour info and other details were posted on the refrigerator.

Hercamore

I will be checking into a 2 bed/2bath this Thursday the 3rd for a week stay. I will post a review when we return. I am so happy to read another good report from there. :)

Enjoy your stay Nuke!
We will be staying @ the RI in May for 4 days before going on a 3 day Disney
Wonder Cruise. Looking forward to your thread. Hope you have a great vacation!:D

I just booked a 2-bdrm. for the 1st week of March... I was supposed to go to Vistana Villages but the Marriott Residence lbv has a Canadian at par special that I couldn't pass up. (works out to $81.50 per night U.S!) I hope I did the right thing, so far pretty good reports on this thread. FYI, when I booked they let me know that the pool is NOT heated right know, but they're working on it, and could have the heater connected as early as 1st week Feb.

Len S.

Does one side of this hotel face out onto I-4? If so, than just wondered if there were any issues about road noise and which side of the property to stay on.

I posted on another thread about the RILBV, but just wanted to reiterate that this hotel DOES back up to I-4 and there is definate road noise on that side of the resort.

Didn't think it backed to I-4!
Oh well, I guess we will have to hope for a room on the front side. I would assume the pool is in the rear with the I-4 behind it, is that correct? Any other negitives..we should maybe be aware of?
Thanks again,:confused:

The pool is smack dab in the middle of the property. It is surrounded by the buildings. If you ask for a pool view or a room on the front side of the property you will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter