Resort Cancellation and return of deposit?

mickey916

DIS Veteran
Just found a Garden View room on UT at POFQ for less $ than my Standard View room-only that I had booked directly through Disney. I cancelled my original reservation through MDE and then linked my new reservation. I assumed I would get an email notifying me of my hotel cancellation from Disney Destinations but haven't received anything. Anyone know how long until you get confirmation of cancellation and return of the deposit? Do I need to call to make sure it was cancelled? A pop-up appeared as I did it and said it was cancelled but I have no other proof and it had disappeared from MDE.

Just found a Garden View room on UT at POFQ for less $ than my Standard View room-only that I had booked directly through Disney. I cancelled my original reservation through MDE and then linked my new reservation. I assumed I would get an email notifying me of my hotel cancellation from Disney Destinations but haven't received anything. Anyone know how long until you get confirmation of cancellation and return of the deposit? Do I need to call to make sure it was cancelled? A pop-up appeared as I did it and said it was cancelled but I have no other proof and it had disappeared from MDE.

We only get confirmation emails about 25% of the time. If it's not showing up in MDE, I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree. When I canceled I didn’t get a confirmation email, but my deposit was refunded some time before I got my credit card statement.

I just canceled a room 3 weeks ago. It took about 4 days. I have a Capital One card and I got an email from them when it appeared. Never got an email from Disney.

I just canceled a room 3 weeks ago. It took about 4 days. I have a Capital One card and I got an email from them when it appeared. Never got an email from Disney.
Thanks! I think it's weird the system doesn't automatically generate a "your room was canceled" email. What if it happened accidentally? Would seem like an easy thing to set up since they do it with ADRs...odd

Thanks! I think it's weird the system doesn't automatically generate a "your room was canceled" email. What if it happened accidentally? Would seem like an easy thing to set up since they do it with ADRs...odd
Disney's IT strikes again.:rolleyes2 I agree they should send an auto email. In reality I've rarely gotten one.

Whenever I cancel I print out the details so I can keep track until the refund shows.

I cancelled a package a couple weeks ago. The credits hit my account THE NEXT DAY. I was honestly surprised it was that fast

I cancelled a package a couple weeks ago. The credits hit my account THE NEXT DAY. I was honestly surprised it was that fast
Interesting...nothing yet on my credit card...not quite 24 hours though and Sunday/holiday involved so maybe that's why.

Interesting...nothing yet on my credit card...not quite 24 hours though and Sunday/holiday involved so maybe that's why.
I had the payments split among two debit cards, one was posted the next day, the other posted with the same date but wasn't visible until the following day.

But if you cancelled yesterday, today's a bank holiday so money won't move until tomorrow...and then it's matter of when your credit card decides to post the refunds.

I don't typically get emails and the last time I called to cancel a reservation the cast member even pointed out to me that I would not be receiving one. The deposits have always been credited properly back to my credit card with in a week or less. I never really paid attention to how quickly they were credited, but they always were. I've never had any issues with it. If I had to guess though, I'd say most took longer than 24 hours. :)

I cancelled a room on the phone with a CM last month and CM told me they do not send out room cancellation emails so not to expect one.

Refund of deposit finally came through today. No email from the credit card company or Disney but at least it went through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter