Resort debate - All Star Movies

tlmadden73

DIS Veteran
Planning a 4-5 night/ 3 park day trip in mid November (after Veteran's day, before Thanksgiving) and wanting to stay at a Disney resort without spending big bank. We have tickets already (still using 10-day no expiration tickets purchased in 2014), so it makes a Disney trip pretty affordable when all you need to worry about is paying for the hotel.

I've stayed in Grand Floridian (before kids) and stayed in Pop Century and enjoyed it in 2015. Looking at the All Stars Movies simply to do a different resort rather than staying in Pop (which we enjoyed) again. Plus I think the kids would get a kick out of the giant statues of Disney characters.

The Values just are more my price range rather than paying double that price for a Moderate. My kids are still young (2 and 6) that accommodations (like themed rooms) or activities at the resorts don't matter yet, and I am saving a stay at a Moderate or Deluxe for later trips when they are older.

Art of Animation would be nice, but seems like it is so popular and has those bigger family rooms (which I don't need) that it costs more than most moderates.

I'm not picky about my accommodations -- I am a "just need a bed to sleep in" type of family as I would want to spend all the time in the parks ... and am happy to use the bus system to get to the parks.

I've heard a lot of bad things about the All Stars ... what's the opinions here? How does it compare to Pop? Why? Would love to hear some good and bad experiences.

I stayed at All Star music and Pop during my December trip.

Besides the differing decor there really was no difference in my opinion.

I will say the beds at music were much more comfortable than the beds at Pop.

I've stayed at all of the All Stars and the only one I wouldn't go back to would be Sports simply because I didn't like the decor. I've never had a bad experience at any value resort.

We have stayed at Movies and Sports. We also spend most of our time in the parks. They have been perfectly fine and worked for us. Probably going to try POP for our next trip since we’ve never been there.

We have stayed at Movies and Sports. We also spend most of our time in the parks. They have been perfectly fine and worked for us. Probably going to try POP for our next trip since we’ve never been there.
Pop is fun, especially since you can walk over to Art of Animation and check out the more "Disney-oriented" sculptures and theming there.

AoA is on one of my future trips list, but I fear the prices for that resort (and Pop) will skyrocket once the new gondolas are done and that becomes a huge stop for it.

Our girls were around 3 & 5 when we did POP, they really loved it. For their ages and your price point, it's a great value (in Disney terms). I am not a fan of the all stars but if you did any, 1- Movies, 2-Music and 3-Sports. Haven't ever stayed at AoA but it looks nice.

We stayed at Movies two years ago and it was great for what we needed. My kids were 2 and 5 at the time and loved it. Our only complaints were the large groups that stay there sometimes made the food court extra busy and the busses extra crowded but that is to be expected and wouldn’t keep us from staying again. The resort was also showing a little wear and tear but again not enough to prevent a future stay, especially a short one.

You should be fine for the period when you're going. I'd recommend getting a preferred room just for convenience factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!