• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort dilemma

Annette_C

Mouseketeer
Our home resort is SSR but we prefer the Epcot ones because of location. We have only been at SSR (several times), BWV (when we can get it) and BCV (once). We have never been at any of the others so far...
We are planning a short 4 night trip in May but already the Epcot resorts are sold out! There is availability at AK Kidani, OKW and SSR. We'd like to try something new but are afraid to make a mistake. We use the bus system for transportation and always book a 1 br.
Taking those facts into consideration, if it were you, which would you pick and why?
Thanks!!:)

I would try AKV - The rooms at Kidani are huge and having the extra bathroom is great. I have found the transport there better than most other resorts. Yes it takes a long time to get to the MK but the other parks are not far. AKV does not share with any other resort , so there is only 2 stops, Jambo and Kidani. Kidani is first drop off.

Our home resort is SSR but we prefer the Epcot ones because of location. We have only been at SSR (several times), BWV (when we can get it) and BCV (once). We have never been at any of the others so far...
We are planning a short 4 night trip in May but already the Epcot resorts are sold out! There is availability at AK Kidani, OKW and SSR. We'd like to try something new but are afraid to make a mistake. We use the bus system for transportation and always book a 1 br.
Taking those facts into consideration, if it were you, which would you pick and why?
Thanks!!:)

You won't be disappointed with Kidani :thumbsup2

Definitely Kidani! In conjunction with Jambo House, great pools, great restaurants, great theming, and it doesn't take that long to get to the MK, especially when you're not stopping at four other resorts, like you do when staying at the Epcot Resorts.

Try something new. Either AKL or OKW, both have great rooms.

Tip: Do you usually eat breakfast in your Villa? We love AKL and usually eat breakfast in our Villa. At AKL Kidani Village not much choice of food in AM. We like Mara at Jambo house for more selection.

Try something new. Either AKL or OKW, both have great rooms.

Tip: Do you usually eat breakfast in your Villa? We love AKL and usually eat breakfast in our Villa. At AKL Kidani Village not much choice of food in AM. We like Mara at Jambo house for more selection.

Yes, we usually eat a quick breakfast at our villa (cereal, breakfast bars, small things like that). We don't eat out for breakfast.
Thanks for the tip!

We really want to stay in the Epcot resort area so I called to see what it would cost us (as points) to stay under the Disney Collection. It's a LOT of points!! It's cheaper to stay at Swan/Dolphin!! Only problem is the Magical Express, which we use all the times.
Why doesn't Disney buy Swan/Dolphin outright?? It makes sense to have 2 more Epcot resorts with the high demand, don't you think?

I love the Swan/Dolphin for a fun Epcot stay-- it was my go-to semi deluxe before joining DVC. However, I have to agree that AKV sounds like a blast. And consider booking AKV and waitlisting BWV... we did that and our waitlist just came through. You might get lucky. Other idea--put in a waitlist at BWV and book at Swan/Dolphin but make sure you can get 100% back if you cancel. That way you have a room regardless, but you MIGHT have a room at BWV. Other idea--look at another room category.

Maybe we'll see you there? My DH and I are going for our first post-babies solo trip for Memorial Day (aka Star Wars) Weekend.

It's a short stay, try a new resort, that way you will know if you want to leave it on your favs list.

:earsboy: Bill

It is hard for me to walk, so if that is a problem, I would steer away from AKV, but you may be lucky. I mostly stay at Kidani when we have a car. Still, of the ones you mention Kidani is my favorite. I agree if you want to waitlist BWV, do so, pool view, you may get it.

We had 16 days in January in DVC alone and with others we had
4 nights OKW
5 nights Jambo
3 night BWV
4 nights Kidani

So, I really do enjoy AKV, either building.

Thanks for all the great advice! Wait lists make me nervous because I have not had good luck in the past with them. Despite the fact, I went ahead and booked the 2 available nights and waitlisted the other 2.
I was checking on my status this morning and saw that one of the two days had already become available. Then, on a whim, I did a new search and the entire stay was available in a 1 br pool view (I had a standard because that was the only available at the time).
I called MS but there was a 15 m. hold time!! I don't like the fact at all that you cannot do the change online and that even chatting with a live agent does not help!
Long story longer, I got it! we are now confirmed for the entire stay at BWV!!:woohoo:

AKV without a doubt. You won't be disappointed. Yes it's far from everything, and sometimes when you're tired the bus ride seems extra long, but the resort is fantastic. Either Jambo or Kidani are great, IMO.

Thanks for all the great advice! Wait lists make me nervous because I have not had good luck in the past with them. Despite the fact, I went ahead and booked the 2 available nights and waitlisted the other 2. I was checking on my status this morning and saw that one of the two days had already become available. Then, on a whim, I did a new search and the entire stay was available in a 1 br pool view (I had a standard because that was the only available at the time). I called MS but there was a 15 m. hold time!! I don't like the fact at all that you cannot do the change online and that even chatting with a live agent does not help! Long story longer, I got it! we are now confirmed for the entire stay at BWV!!:woohoo:

Although you can't change, you can cancel and rebook. I usually double cup heck and make sure what I currently have booked is available before I cancel, then cancel and immediately rebook. Otherwise you run the risk of what you want not being available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter