Resort dining on park days?

jbuckent

DIS Veteran
Are there any guidelines on how much time to plan travel will be from a park to a resort? Then from resort to park?

Last edited:
Well, it depends on what park to what resort. From MK to Contemporary, for instance, you could be there in 10 minutes if you walked. From MK to AKL it would be much longer. If you have to take a bus I would allot an hour and half.

I was wondering the same thing actually. I'm going next summer with my in-laws, whose favorite restaurant is Sanaa. How much time should I set aside to get from AK to AKL and back? I know they are close, but you still have to take a bus, so it can be unpredictable. Has anyone else done this?

We were thinking about leaving on our AK day. Sounds like it wouldn’t be a very good use of our time.

General rule of thumb when using Disney transportation

resort to resort - 90 minutes
resort to park -60 minutes

you cannot underestimate how long it takes to get from place to place. It may be slightly less if all the stars and planets align. But you have to account for:
  • just missing the bus/boat,
  • having to wait for the next
  • getting through security
  • walking to the venue

I was wondering the same thing actually. I'm going next summer with my in-laws, whose favorite restaurant is Sanaa. How much time should I set aside to get from AK to AKL and back? I know they are close, but you still have to take a bus, so it can be unpredictable. Has anyone else done this?
You can take a bus, I'd give it 30 minutes before your reservation just in case.
I'd just take an UBER from AK to AKL, it's less than 5 minutes.
On the way back, you can wait for the bus at AKL or UBER right back if you want.

You can take a bus, I'd give it 30 minutes before your reservation just in case.
I'd just take an UBER from AK to AKL, it's less than 5 minutes.
On the way back, you can wait for the bus at AKL or UBER right back if you want.
I was going to say about 30 minutes between AK and AKL too. That would be the only resort I would go to from AK.

For those saying 30 minutes from DAK to AKL, that time starts at the bus stop. Not from the time you start heading out of the park. Buses run every 20 minutes or so. If you just miss one, then you are waiting 20 minutes for the next one and you will barely make your adr. No, you will be a little late.

and that’s if it is 20 minutes and nit a shift change or a delay and more like 30 minutes

if everything runs perfectly and you arrive and the bus is there waiting for you, 30 minutes is a good estimate. But....

Anytime we have done a resort meal on a park day, we have always done breakfast and then go to park or dinner after leaving the park so as to not interfere with our park time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter