Resort full, little worried

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Hi! We're going to be at Aulani starting this Sunday June 16! Whoo! We usually go during quieter times of the year and this is our first summer trip to Aulani. I'm getting concerned about just how crowded it will be. Anyone been there in the summer, or is there now? How are the crowds and aside from the chair saving issue (over it), does the resort feel super crowded? Any tips for the busy season? Thanks!

Last year, we were there the first week in June. We had previously visited the week after Christmas. We all noticed that June was significantly less busy than the week after Christmas. We had no problem finding at least 1-2 chairs, most times of day, as long as we were willing to be flexible about location. There was just generally a lot fewer people around the resort in general. Enjoy your trip!

during the week it shouldn't be too bad...but the weekends will likely be packed to the gills. might be different this summer tho with the pools being half closed from mid august...possibly till xmas or later (if construction runs late as it typically does)

local families pack the resort on most weekends, but there may be several that would have gone later in the year that might be there during the week this summer instead.

Hi! We're going to be at Aulani starting this Sunday June 16! Whoo! We usually go during quieter times of the year and this is our first summer trip to Aulani. I'm getting concerned about just how crowded it will be. Anyone been there in the summer, or is there now?
We just returned from Aulani on the 11th and didn't find the crowds to be any better/worse than our other visits.

Thanks everyone! We’re going to have an awesome time, regardless of the potential crowds.
I tried to get a dining reservation yesterday for Sunday night and nothing available. That’s surprising.

Thanks everyone! We’re going to have an awesome time, regardless of the potential crowds.
I tried to get a dining reservation yesterday for Sunday night and nothing available. That’s surprising.
I imagine you can still walk up if it’s not the luau.

The table service restaurants at Aulani are very popular, so it’s no surprising you weren’t able to get a last minute reservation. However, you can go to the hostess stand for the restaurant once you arrive at Aulani and see if you can get a reservation. If that’s not successful, you can try the quick service restaurants at Aulani, Monkeypod Kitchen or the other places across the street or the restaurant in the Marriott next door.

, Monkeypod Kitchen or the other places across the street or the restaurant in the Marriott next door.
I'd add Roy's to this list. We had a wonderful meal there last week, perhaps the best of a 3-week stay. We also enjoyed the Taco place near the Pizza Corner. Out of our party of 5, however, 4 out of 5 did not care for the Pizza Corner pizza. We've also come to the conclusion that Monkeypod is over-rated.

Further away from Aulani, we really enjoyed the Beach House in Haleiwa. 62-540 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712 We went there a couple of times this trip. Their loco moco was probably the best we found on the island. Its not just adult food, the restaurant has a good children's menu and the location is wonderful. Perhaps on a day you are heading for the north shore or shopping in Haleiwa it would make a good lunch stop.

Further away from Aulani, we really enjoyed the Beach House in Haleiwa. 62-540 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712 We went there a couple of times this trip. Their loco moco was probably the best we found on the island. Its not just adult food, the restaurant has a good children's menu and the location is wonderful. Perhaps on a day you are heading for the north shore or shopping in Haleiwa it would make a good lunch stop.

I will second Haleiwa Beach House--we had a wonderful lunch there, and yes, the location is just awesome. They have really yummy fries, btw. :)

We were in Aulani last week. The pools were crowded, but I could usually find a spot to put my stuff down. We ate at the poolside bar during the day and breakfast at the restaurant right on the water - Aunty something?? We tried to go there at night but the only reservations were late - like 8pm. So we went to the bar below the lobby and had appetizers. Boy, they were fantastic, and there was a band playing live Hawaiian music. Loved the bar - it had the Hawaiian alphabet and words on the wall (hard to explain, but neat). All the food we had at Aulani was excellent. I thought it was a little expensive at the time, but in retrospect it was really a bargain, compared to the resort we stayed at on Maui ($16 for a kids meal!).

This was our first time at Aulani and I loved the food and the service and the Disney touches, and the overall design of the lobby and resort. My favorite thing was the lazy river. But I don't know if we will go back - the resort was crowded and our room was small, and I prefer the other islands to Oahu, so if we go again I would probably spend even less time in Oahu, if any.

We have been twice during crowded summer periods. The only thing I found irritating was during peak times, the walkways around the pools were too crowded for my liking but the beach always seemed to have room and the lazy river is fine even when it is busy. I think I would rather be at a busy Aulani than be at home LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!