Resort Hopping

WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran
We have friends down here who are also DVC and they told us today we couldn't resort hop in the traditional sense as in not without a dining reservation. We're down now at AKK. Simple question. Is that true or not? It is not what I thought I had read indirectly as side conversations on the board.

We have friends down here who are also DVC and they told us today we couldn't resort hop in the traditional sense as in not without a dining reservation. We're down now at AKK. Simple question. Is that true or not? It is not what I thought I had read indirectly as side conversations on the board.
Were your friends driving to another resort where they did not have an ADR? If so, then yes they could be turned away at the gate. If they used Disney transportation to arrive at a resort that they are not staying at, there really isn’t anything set up to screen out non-resort guests.

This place is pretty dead after 7-8:00pm. It's like they rolled up the streets. I get it. I was just hoping to visit some of the resorts after park hours and thought I had read that if you were staying on-site, it wasn't really an issue. I guess the key is moving around using Disney transportation, which we don't do even in the best of times so I guess that answers my question.

#DrinkBeerOnMyBalconyAndBeHappy

I think some people have outlined they are going to quick service and that's okay then.

Not sure like you just read a couple varied accounts.

We were at WDW last week and wanted to see Riviera in person. We were able to drive & park there with zero issues (and did the 2 BR tour as well as grabbed some brownies to go from the QS). I honestly think it's all about (a) who is at the gate and (b) how you ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!