Resort indecision...looking for input

Which resort?

• Total voters
Definitely go French quarter.

Refurbished rooms. Boat to downtown disney. Incredible grounds. Great pool. You can walk over to riverside and use theirs, too.

I’ve stayed at CSR and it’s not much to write home about compared to port orleans (just my opinion).

I've stayed at POP and POFQ and would definitely pay for that (very cheap IMO) upgrade. You are paying for: bigger room, smaller crowds, relaxing boat ride to disney springs, better pool/water play areas for your son & better dining. Totally worth every penny.

I say Coronado Springs. It has a much more upscale feel to it. The feature pool is great as it has the quick service bar. The transportation is pretty much a wash in the whole scheme of things. We have had great and poor service at every resort that we have stayed at. The construction did not bother us at all at CSR. We usually find CSR less crowded with regular park goers, especially if there are conventions there. The convention people are never going to the parks in the morning. Just my two cents worth. Cheers!!!!!!!!!

You (and others) bring up a good point about busses. Being Spring Break, I worry about crowds on busses at CS and POR. Seems like that would be a non-issue at Pop and POFQ.

But keep in mind, POFQ buses share with Riverside. We were MUCH happier with bus transportation at AoA with its one stop than we were at POFQ/R with multiple stops.

Lots of good options here. I like all the resorts that you list and have stayed at them all. You really can't go too far wrong. I voted POFQ, standard.

First, proximity to a theme park or destination (when by bus) doesn't count unless it is deluxe and you have alternatives to the bus (walking, monorail or boat). Otherwise it is just a few minutes difference in the bus ride (negligible) and doesn't translate into any improved experience for your vacation.

Next, the POP option is very different as a value, with the small difference in $$ I would opt for one of your moderates. We prefer to book the highest category that fits in our budget for any given trip. Values work best for very theme park intensive holidays where a quick shower and sleep are the main functions of the resort. CSR has the construction going on, which we avoid like the plague so, much as I hate to do it (we just LOVE CSR!), I recommend against CSR for the near future. That leaves POR or POFQ. these are sister resorts that are walking distance of one another, so you can use the amenities of both regardless of where you stay. This is a huge plus IMO. Also the boat to DS is really very nice and expands your dining options considerably.

So, my choice would be a preferred room at POR or POFQ standard room. POR is so big we like preferred just to be sure to be conveniently close to everything. Between these, I would base my choice upon theming preference and pool preference (because it sounds like the pool is important to you). Look at pics online to see which pool and theme would appeal to you and your son the most. Remember about the 4 bus stops in POR and POFQ and be prepared for that if you book POR or if you occasionally share buses (not always, but does happen). If one bus stop is important to you, go with POFQ. Everything is close at POFQ, so booking standard is just as good as the more expensive room views (IMO, of course) when staying here.

Good luck choosing!!!

Thanks for the input everyone! We decided to book POFQ for our stay. Biggest factors were the smaller resort size (and, presumably, less people waiting in lines for that bus and no intra-resort stops), the updated rooms, the atmosphere (specifically the beignets and boat rides to Disney Springs) and the pool (which appealed most to our son, more so than CSR to my surprise). Really appreciate all the helpful feedback!

Hands down POFQ. We prefer building 7 which makes it an easy walk to POR. You can use the pools at both and our 10 year enjoyed both. It’s great having only one bus and good counter service at both POFQ and POR. The boat to Disney springs great too.

CSR is too convention for me. And after yacht you are going to find POP like going to motel 6.

Just my two cents :).

Just realized you decided POFQ. Strongly suggest at least a couple hours at POR pool. The slide Is fun.

We have stayed at several of the resorts and we choose Pop Century. We like the Deluxe and the Moderates, but our kids have the most fun at Pop Century. Our kids are 10 and 9 and are spoiled. We are going in January and gave them the choice of The Poly, Pop Century, The Caribbean, or Boardwalk and they chose Pop. I will say from an adult point of view, I really like the Bayou Rooms at PO Riverside and enjoyed our time there back in 2017.

We have stayed at several of the resorts and we choose Pop Century. We like the Deluxe and the Moderates, but our kids have the most fun at Pop Century. Our kids are 10 and 9 and are spoiled. We are going in January and gave them the choice of The Poly, Pop Century, The Caribbean, or Boardwalk and they chose Pop. I will say from an adult point of view, I really like the Bayou Rooms at PO Riverside and enjoyed our time there back in 2017.

My kid is just the opposite. He started staying at Deluxe and Moderates. His favorites are Contemporary, Boardwalk and POFQ. Had to let him know cant swing a Deluxe every trip. So Pop it is this time.

I'd go for POFQ --wonderful place and your son will love the pool, much smaller resort with great bus service. then PO Riverside, then POP.

I hated CS and would never stay there again. no Disney vibe, huge, buses were bad when we were there.

I've stayed at all those resorts and I'd pick Pop or POFQ.

Pop has the savings, more frequent bus service, and more foodcourt choices.
POFQ is quieter, relaxing, with hot tub and poolslide.

I love them both, and FWIW, we are a family of four who stay at Pop for two weeks, and spend a ton of time lazing around the resort. I like that many people book it because they only consider it a place to shower and sleep when they do park commando trips. It makes it considerably less crowded during the day and quite peaceful and relaxing by the lake. :goodvibes

Hi all,

I'm suffering from a bit of resort indecision and was hoping I could solicit some input. I'm trying to decide between Pop Century, Coronado Springs and Port Orleans FQ/Riverside. I was initially leaning toward CS for my family's 5 night Spring Break 2019 trip, but am now overthinking it. For context, we (me, wife, 10 year old son) can stay at Pop for $265 less total or at Port Orleans for $93 more total than the rate I found for CS. I've never stayed at any of these resorts so I'm having trouble figuring out which would be the best bang for our buck. This will be my family's second trip to WDW and we were lucky to stay at Yacht Club last time (which we loved!) thanks to a great deal on the rate. Unfortunately, that and Beach Club are way out of our price range this time around.

I was leaning toward CS because of the main pool, refurbished rooms and relative proximity to Epcot (since we enjoy eating at the different country's restaurants). It also seems reasonably convenient to Disney Springs, where we may visit once or twice to eat.

I'd greatly appreciate any insight. Thanks in advance!
If you're used to Yacht Club I definitely wouldn't recommend Pop Century, which is a Disneyfied motel.

Coronado Springs seems to have the best pool/waterslide, so I'd stick with that.

If Coronado is going to be under construction, then I recommend Port Orleans French Quarter. Avoid construction like the plague.

Last edited:
My kid is just the opposite. He started staying at Deluxe and Moderates. His favorites are Contemporary, Boardwalk and POFQ. Had to let him know cant swing a Deluxe every trip. So Pop it is this time.
That is too funny... I think mine just feel like they have to behave better when they know Mom and Dad are spending more... I am really just thankful we can go a couple times a year.

i'd pick either POR or POFQ. I personally find POR much prettier....but if you like smaller resorts, then go for POFQ. Your 10 year old might like the pool at POFQ better. Although no matter which one you stay at, you'll be able to use both pools.

BTW, I do love that boat to Disney Springs! nice perk.

POR quiet pools are open 24 hours a day. We loved relaxing in the pool for a while after getting back from a full day touring the parks.

While you are allowed to fill this if staying at POFQ, that would be a long walk when tired at the end of the day. There's a quiet pool close to each building at POR

I really think you can't go wrong with Coronado Springs or POR or POFQ since your reasons for staying at CS are very valid. I personally prefer the ambiance at PO resorts a lot. I haven't stayed at POFQ but our stay at POR was great. We liked the options the food court gave us and the grounds & pool were great.

My vote would be POR or CSR. We didn't care much for POFQ. Its true that its the most compact and because of that, it felt busy to us. There were always people in the walkways, food court was always busy, the lone bus stop was busy. And at the moderates, there is no formal queue at the bus stops so it was a free-for-all whenever a bus pulled up, with no regard for who was there first. Didn't care for it. At least at POR and CSR, there are 4 bus stops and everything felt less busy since there was more room to spread the guests around, so to speak.

CSR has recently refurbished rooms completed this year, and the main pool there is currently undergoing refurbishment and will be done in December. So you will have a new and fresh room and pool. And we love the pool at CSR the most. You would have to contend with the construction of the tower and the restaurant on the lagoon. You'd also have to contend with whatever convention is there at the time (if any), which has pros and cons. Pros are that they make things like the pool and buses less crowded. Cons being that they tend to congregate in the lounges, sometimes the food court, and the presence of business people is just a very different vibe than that of other vacationing families. I know they remind me of when I have to travel for work, which is not what I want to think about while at WDW.

POR is beautiful and would allow you to use the amenities at POFQ as well. The boat to Disney Springs is awesome and its our favorite food court on property. The rooms aren't as modern or fresh and housekeeping left a bit to be desired. We always opt for the quiet pools here because the main pool is meh to us.

The size of the resorts don't bother me. I've walked the length of each of them and its manageable. They both have conveniently located bus stops, which is most important. If it were me, I'd save the money and stay at CSR but I don't think you'd go wrong with POR either.

Despite a cost savings at Coronado there is a lot of construction going on at the resort. I would choose one of the Port Orleans resorts for that amount more. For the location you will also have boat access to disney springs.

I actually booked a value resort (we own DVC and just had to add one night). It was a cheap room at all star sports. After looking at some youtube videos of the resort and the rooms I just couldn't bring myself to stay there. So we booked Riverside. Rooms of course cost more but i think the decor and room sizes/type is much more appealing. We are also planning on going to DS in the morning so being closer by a quick bus ride or having the ability to take a boat was really what persuaded us to choose Riverside over All star sports (it was noted to be ~20-25 minutes bus ride from that resort to DS).

I actually booked a value resort (we own DVC and just had to add one night). It was a cheap room at all star sports. After looking at some youtube videos of the resort and the rooms I just couldn't bring myself to stay there. So we booked Riverside. Rooms of course cost more but i think the decor and room sizes/type is much more appealing. We are also planning on going to DS in the morning so being closer by a quick bus ride or having the ability to take a boat was really what persuaded us to choose Riverside over All star sports (it was noted to be ~20-25 minutes bus ride from that resort to DS).

FWIW, the boat ride to Disney Springs from POR is about 25 minutes. In the morning, its inclined to be longer because the boats run less frequently. But I do agree with your points on moderate vs. value and think its worth the upgrade as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter