Resort like Aulani on Maui or Kauai??

@twodogs We decided to go with the Kings Land condos.....I am a bit nervous about it, but they really look amazing. And you cannot beat that price!! Holy cow. Huge savings from Aulani, so we extended our trip to 10 nights. Which, ten nights in Hawaii? Cannot beat that!! So now I am doing a ton of research for the Waikoloa area. It was a really hard decision (I agonized over it for a long time), but we just could not justify the extra cost at Aulani. We are doing 10 days in a 2 bedroom suite with my parents (so splitting the cost) and with flights and the room, we are right under 5k.

Awesome choice! We enjoyed Kings Land a lot. I found the quality of the furnishings to be comparable to Aulani and the units more spacious. Though obviously no hidden Mickeys. :laughing:

If you want to do a unit request, the building closest to the Super Pool is Building 6. The window of the second bedroom faces out to the walkway, so you might want to avoid the first floor. Don't miss the free hula show on Thursdays - they have an awesome fire dancer.

Have a great trip!

The Westin Villas on Maui are always a great bet! But the two bedroom villa is not a "true" 2 bedroom. Its more of a studio with a connecting hallway to a one bedroom villa. Westin just opened a new wing called Nanea and they have true 2 bedrooms.. either property is beautiful and the beach is beautiful!

We have stayed a thing Marriott Vacation Club properties on both Kaui and Maui.

On Maui we stayed at the Maui Ocean Club. There very large pool area, and a small pirate ship water play area by one of the pools. There are two sections to this resort... one side (the older side) essentially has converted hotel rooms with kitchenettes. It may be described as a "two bedroom" but it's really former connecting hotel rooms, made into a villa. The newer side has full villas with full kitchens.

We have also stayed at Kauai Lagoons. This is on the same massive property as Kauai Beach Club. I believe the Beach Club side is like the Maui property -- remodeled hotel rooms with kitchenettes. Kauai Lagoons was originally going to be a Ritz Carlton Residence property. The rooms and property are gorgeous, but you do need to travel to the Beach Club side to get to the beach. The rooms are full villas. The pool area is small, because the Lagoons property is small.

On another note, I don't know if there are any villa/timeshare rooms, but the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa looks awesome! It is next door to Marriott's Maui Ocean Club. The pool area looked massive, and looked to have caves to swim in. And there are animals in the lobby! Birds, penguins, etc! (We went to Maui in 2015, so I assume the animals are still there)

I can confirm that there are true villas at the Hyatt properties. They are not on the hotel side (Regency), but rather the adjacent timeshare side (Residence Club). We recently stayed in a two-bedroom villa, which was very spacious. The unit is oceanfront (I was told all 2-bedroom units are), so the view was amazing. While the pools on the timeshare side were smaller than the hotel side, they are not overly crowded which can happen on the hotel side. All guests at HRC have access to amenities over at HR, but not vice versa. Thus, the pools at HRC tend to be quieter and more relaxing. On top of all this, you are literally steps away from Kaanapali Beach!

LAX

We love the Grand Wailea on Maui. It's got the BEST pool area on that part of the coast. Can't be beat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!